German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone does with all the ribbons and certificates they win. I was thinking of putting all the ones for a certain title in a shadow box or frame of some kind. Any other ideas??

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I have all my title /rosettes in shadowboxes..I also took my obed title ribbons, and put them in a huge poster size frame with the pictures I had taken at each show..

I have 4 shadowbox full of them, agility/obedience ones. The flat ones I used again, poster size frames and glued them to a backing.

Some have made 'quilts' out of the rosettes..

·
Registered
314 Posts
The rosettes hang very nicely from the wood border above a closet and also on the valances of mini blinds. They make very nice closet and window treatments. You can also get styrofoam shapes at the craft store and make wreaths, hearts, and other shapes with pins or inserting the metal hanger on the back. The flats can be shadow-boxed, albumed, or pinned decoratively to cork board.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Lyn, good idea about the styrofoam:)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thank you, you can get a lot of rosettes onto the styrofoam but yet have all "fanned out" to be readable and not all crushed up. I got a pet cat from a lady years ago who ran a rosette business and showed cats too. She had "wall art" in every room, I think. It was quite pretty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas. we don't have to many ribbons yet, we've just started showing. So hopefully theres more in the near future.

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
My title certificates and obedience class certificates are in each dog's individual binder, along with all the dog's information.

My rosettes and ribbons I currently have four cork boards of different sizes set up in my living room.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I use a large binder too not only does it hold the ribbons but entry forms, pictures, and the arm band from that show. I also keep a small book in the binder with the show, judges name and what I thought of how the dog did and how the judge judged.
I have one judge that I've made a note beside not to show under again, and why.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts