German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, everyone. Attached are pictures of my awesome dog, Rex.

We met the mother, but we did not have a chance to meet the father. The breeders did not have any registration papers, but they claimed he is purebred.

Though ultimately we do not really care, considering Rex is beautiful as-is and full of personality, there have been some questions about his lineage. Our neighbor told my girlfriend that Rex looks like he has malinois in him, and she has been completely and totally convinced ever since. Obviously, I cannot be sure whether or not he is purebred GSD, but I just do not see any malinois no matter how hard I look.

What do you think? Full GSD? Part Malinois? Part <insert-breed-here>?

Attachments

·
Registered
32,397 Posts
He looks like a pure bred GSD to me. I don't see any Mal in him.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I agree with Michelle, he looks like a purebred GSD, I don't see any mali in him either :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
pure sable GSD. He's a handsome happy boy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pure. Does he just hang out in the shower like that? haha.
If we leave it open, he will usually find his way in there every now and then. He seems to like hard, smooth surfaces--his other favorite spot, aside from the couch, is the kitchen floor. He does not seem too fond of the carpet.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If we leave it open, he will usually find his way in there every now and then. He seems to like hard, smooth surfaces--his other favorite spot, aside from the couch, is the kitchen floor. He does not seem too fond of the carpet.
Whats the temperature in the house? The climate where you live? My dog lays down on the bathroom tiles or downstairs when its too hot in the house :) No biggy, obviously GSDs (and yes Rex is one :) ) can adept to temperatures we are comfortable in, but that's probably why he likes those spots.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was our guess, too.

We live in the desert, where it is currently 103 degrees and rising. We keep the house at 80 degrees during peak hours, because our electric company is ridiculously overpriced, though we do maintain a significantly lower temperature in the evenings and mornings. Next to the house itself, electricity is our #1 expense despite this policy. 25% of our energy usage (when we keep the house at 80) accounts for 75% of our bill, but they have a complete monopoly in our area, so what can we do? Head 30 miles south-east, and one will pay quite literally 1/2 of what we do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts