German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could very much go into another just on toys in general, but since it's specifically for SAR I thought maybe y'all would have some suggestions if you have toy crazy search dogs with that being their reward. Titan goes nuts for his Tennis Ball with a rope looped through it into a soft handle for me to tug. We've been using it for 2 years now... they stopped selling it and I can't find a good comparison! Any suggestions on ball tugs? Looking for a ball with a rope looped through it or something to that effect. OR if you have another suggestion as far as a toy reward for a fetch crazy pup :) thanks in advance guys!

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
The elite k9 is a good ball tug - it sinks though.
I have some great floating balls from england but can't find them in the states anymore.
The planet dog ultra ball though is designed with holes of two sizes so you can feed a knotted rope through it and use it as a ball tug.

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooh... I am liking this.. I may have to try a few different ones out.. this will def make the cut!

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The elite k9 is a good ball tug - it sinks though.
I have some great floating balls from england but can't find them in the states anymore.
The planet dog ultra ball though is designed with holes of two sizes so you can feed a knotted rope through it and use it as a ball tug.
boo to the sinking.. but we may give it a shot still..

and yes I know what you mean.. I had a good ball tug from Germany and I can't find anything like it here.. *sigh*

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
This is the one I still have - has lasted years and I stull use it only for rewarding water search. Grim never did pull it out and he would tug with me having to put both feet on the boat platform and my grabbing his collar with one hand just in case. He was a strong tugger. Now I am using it with Beau.

I actually bought these at Elite K9 years ago but they quit carrying. I would prefer knobby for better grip but mine seem to lock it up good enough. I asked them to get more but no answer. Looks like most of the negative reviews are from folks letting the dogs carry or play with the rope. Duh. And it does flow low but it most assuredly does float.

Floating Ropeball - Jumbo: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

EDIT- A thing I liked about the long rope is when the dog indicates I can whip it out of my life vest and hit the side of the boat right at the water to reward "at source".

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice guys! I will definitely have to look at these, I'm hoping to find one that he will go even more bonkers for!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts