German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dog Carnivore Jaw Dog breed Floor

She had a completely black nose and thick black stripe up to the eyes with mask around the eyes when I got her at 10 weeks.
Then as her puppy fuzz fell out, it grew back like this! We make jokes that the rescue must have coloured her face in with sharpie before we took her in. The skin underneath is black.
The rest of her is all German Shepard. She’s got those massive ears and the signature sloping hips.
Is this a face in transition that will black-mask over time? Or is she a reverse-mask?

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
The nose could be snow nose.
As for the mask, in my experience, once it changes from black, the black never returns.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
nope... mask won’t return to dark. may even lighten more.

·
Registered
721 Posts
"WE" LOVE reverse masks!!!! See avatar. I'd be doing an Embark DNA on her out of curiosity so see if she's a full GSD. My Heidi is also a rescue and I Embarked her cause I wondered is she had another breed in her background but, nope, she's full GSD.
Your dog is very cute. Don't you just love the black eyeliner?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah well. She was a rescue and they told me GSD, but she looked a lot more like a shepherd as a baby. We will see if she develops any husky traits as she grows, or just becomes a reverse mask shepherd. Mutts and mixes can be just as great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts