German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
I love all of my animals names: Chaos, Monster, Rogue, Sinister and Wicked.

I have a theme going and I have several more names to choose from that fit my theme that I really like so I doubt I will ever reuse a name.

In the future, when the time is right, when Rogue is trained how I want him to be and I am ready, I plan on getting another GSD, if it's a girl her name will be Malice and if it's a boy his name will be Grim.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
It was so devastating for me to lose my past GSD's. Even now when I say their names out loud I feel this pain in my heart, the sense of loss and the void they have left behind. So it would never, ever occur to me to reuse a name, unless I enjoyed inflicting non-stop emotional and mental pain on myself. The grief is just below the skin; each name of each dog is kind of sacred to me, and each name belongs to that shepherd alone, like the markers at their gravesites. Giving my new GSD (well, two years new) his own name helped me to move forward.
I couldn't agree with you more on this.

Its just a question i threw out there to see if people reuse names.

I wouldn't and couldn't do it myself as i've cherished every pet i've ever had the priviledge of taking care of.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.