German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a nerd and i want to try to re unite my lab with her mom and sister and also zero one day for a play date, do you think they would know who each other is? but thats even if i can find their family.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Wolfie met his brother on a recent walk. I think they knew each other. There was none of the usual posturing of two males. By this I mean that when Wolfie meets another male, his hackles raise and his tail curls like he's announcing he's the dominant one. With this encounter, the tail and fur stayed down and there were just loves going around. Both were wagging tails and kissing each other right away.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aww thats cute! i dont know the people who got sadie or zeros litter mates, but with zero it cant be to hard, i mean how many WGSD in mesa are there haha

·
Registered
459 Posts
I also believe that they would know each other. Willow and her sister were rescued at about 6-7 weeks old. I adopted Willow about 2 weeks later. When I took Willow for her spay at about 6 months, her sister was there at the same place. Both dogs immediately started licking and kissing each other. It was soo cute.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Yukon and his brother Siri were reunited ... they were born in Winnipeg, MB and reunited in Washington, DC a couple years later ... they definitely recognized each other!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Awwww

I would like to get in touch with Sinister's siblings, I know the byb did a repeat breeding so he has quite a few full blooded siblings somewhere. I would take one in if they needed to be rehomed. I would love to have a Sinister sibling. :)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
One of my previous dogs and my current dog met their family members as adults and had no clue who they were.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I tried with Nara's brothers and sisters while we still lived back in VA. I was the proactive one, and everyone I was able to hunt down thought it was a great idea, but we never made it as far as the dogs finally meeting. Everyone else pretty much flaked out on me, saying they would stay in touch, or exchange photos of the dogs, etc. and they never did. Weird. I still search for other Vom Engels on this board and other websites. Maybe one day...

...O, and here's some pics of Nara's siblings:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts