German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Bane was sleeping in his Retriever metal crate, he started scratching and a weld knocked loose....He ended up with a 3-4 inch long piece of metal wire going completely through his back paw. Took about 1 minute to get his paw pulled down off it....He was going nuts...I'm very surprised we didn't get bit....He was in pain. The crate is only 6 months old. Bought it from Tractor supply. After inspecting it more, I found several more welds that are broke. Posting pictures....Vet visit in the morning

image.jpg

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Wow, I'm glad he's ok!

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Scary! Contact that company and let them know their product is unsafe. Where was it manufactured? China?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Poor guy! I am so sorry that happened to him. :(

Thanks for the warning as Hans has the same brand crate from Tractor Supply. I will be inspecting it carefully this morning.

It is so hard, even when you are trying to be really careful, to find decent, safe products!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
27,206 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
image.jpg

They gave him a couple staples and put him on an antibiotic...Luckily it was in the web of his paw...He isn't limping or anything,,,So no pain meds... Acting normal

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poor guy! I am so sorry that happened to him. :(

Thanks for the warning as Hans has the same brand crate from Tractor Supply. I will be inspecting it carefully this morning.

It is so hard, even when you are trying to be really careful, to find decent, safe products!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Yes it is....Might of been a freak accident...Sucks that the weld broke on the very bottom one...He wouldn't have anything to do with me and my wife for a few minutes after it happened... Wasn't a happy camper

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Thankfully you were home, imagine the damage he could have done to himself if left for hrs. trying to free himself:eek:

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
That's horrible, your poor boy with the staples!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thankfully you were home, imagine the damage he could have done to himself if left for hrs. trying to free himself:eek:
His crate is located right beside the bed, so we jumped on it immediately...If we wouldn't of been home....It would of been very bad. Yikes

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Wow, close call and how lucky you were home. I have ditched the wire crates. DDog is also much calmer in the airline crate. And he is not studying on how to get it unlocked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts