German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweet, sweet old girl will be dearly missed. She crossed the rainbow bridge with assistance this evening, just before 6 p.m., with all of her usual grace, patience and dignity. I was blessed to have her join my pack as a senior dog almost two years ago, and honored to have given her a forever home for her final years. God bless you, Mattie! You were a gift to us all, you lovely, lovely girl.❤

Pretty as a picture:
ImageUploadedByPG Free1374711944.015713.jpg

Cutie pie after a bath :)
ImageUploadedByPG Free1374712001.258543.jpg

Hunting mud bugs, lol!
ImageUploadedByPG Free1374712027.748788.jpg

Take me for a walk, or there will be consequences ;)
ImageUploadedByPG Free1374712061.299347.jpg

Who needs a grill?!
ImageUploadedByPG Free1374712098.881836.jpg

I see you looking at my chew, youngins... Forgettaboutit!
ImageUploadedByPG Free1374712134.799188.jpg

Mama! I helped with the landscaping! That was way too much mulch covering my dirt, and you forgot to put back the holes! It's okay... I fixed it :)
ImageUploadedByPG Free1374712180.382578.jpg

October 18, 2002 - July 24, 2013
She may have had a rough start in life, but in the end, she had a pretty good run.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
We send this beautiful girl to the next world with much love.

I am very sorry for your loss. Your pictures are lovely. Take care.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Rest in Peace Mattie...You will be missed Beautiful girl! She reminded me of my girl Ginger so much :(

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I'm so sorry :hugs: RIP Mattie :(

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Rest in Peace, Mattie

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Run free, Mattie. Run like the wind, little girl.

·
Banned
599 Posts
You are amazing. You adopted a dog, even though she was old. Not many people can do that, and for that, I say good job! Mattie is running in the fields of Heaven. I know she is grateful for you and loved the time you spent together. She will be waiting in Heaven for your joyous return together. God Bless you and God bless Mattie. I hope you heal quickly and recover from this tragic loss.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
i am so sorry for your loss. what a beautiful girl she was. they are all so special. rest in peace mattie. thank you for caring for her in her golden years.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you All!

I was hoping for a better outcome, as well. And have struggled mightily with my decision not to operate. Yet, have been *extremely* grateful that everyone who knew Mattie personally, vet included, supported my decision to let her pass without intervention.

It was a very, *very* difficult decision. I have lost other rescues at her age, but never a GSD. She is the first, and I pray the last, that I wasn't able to take to 13-14 years. But the sad truth is, she is also the oldest I have ever adopted, and came to me on her last legs. Getting almost two more years out of this dog was a miracle unto itself.

And she was a JOY! Pure Joy, start to finish. One of the vet techs commented that she must have been So pretty when she was young! And then caught herself and said, but she still is! All I could say was, I bet she was too.. I didn't know her when she was young, but I can only agree :)

She did not deserve to pass (just) before her eleventh birthday :( But, she did deserve the passing she had today. She was Beautiful at rest. She was graceful as she expired. I could never has asked for more from any dog. She was a perfect companion. In prior posts, I have described her as my easy breezy chicken peasy dog. She always was. And today, literally on her last legs, she had the fortitude to (with assistance) pick herself up off the waiting room floor and follow me on her own four feet to her release. She passed with Such Grace.

If I can learn from This Wonderful Dog, to let go and forgive past transgressions, to enjoy my life in terms of Today's blessings, to wag my behind every time I encounter any new person or situation, and never flinch! Well, then, I will feel truly blessed.

Mattie had no regrets. Only Love.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Sorry you lost Mattie. It's sad to hear she has passed, but I can't help but smile a bit knowing you rescued her and gave her a loving home in her senior years, RIP.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts