German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go ahead and microchip Hans.
The vet offers the resQ microchip.

Does anyone have this on their dog, how do you like it, and would anybody recommend a different brand? If so, why?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have chips from three different companies. :) My oldest dog and two oldest cats have AVID chips, one cat has a 24PetWatch chip, and the other two dogs and three of the five remaining cats have the Bayer ResQ chip. I like the Bayer chip, because once it's registered, I can go online and update my info at any time. Most scanners these days can read pretty much any chip, though.

When I first started chipping my animals, my vet only used AVID. The one cat with the 24PetWatch chip was chipped at a humane society chip clinic. For the younger animal, my vet switched to the Bayer ResQ chip. I figure as long as they are chipped, and the contact info is current, we should be okay. The AVID chips are actually registered to my vet clinic, with me listed as the owner of the animal.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
2 of mine have 24 hour pet watch and the third has home again. Buddy is not chipped they didn't offer it when he was a puppy and now he rarely leaves the house so I'm not worried about him.

I'm not thrilled with the home again but that is what she had when we adopted her. I'm having a heck of a time trying to get her registered to me. :( She is still listed under her old owners.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Ilda has the Bayer chip from Europe. I have it registered online at PetLink (Datamars) one time fee and you can update anytime you want. The nice thing about Petlink is it helps people who find the pets because it cross references to other microchip online d-bases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts