This is a take on another poem out there.
Quote:Ten Commandments for a Responsible Pet Owner - as dictated by the pet.
<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #3333FF">1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is
likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your
entertainments but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that
I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand
and yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative ask
yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long or my
heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You, too,
will grow old.
10. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey,
go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't
make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you
are there because I love you so.</span></span>
Take a moment today to thank God for your companions.
Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller,
less joyful thing without God's critters. Please pass this on to
other pet owners.