German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just some initial thoughts.
1. Could this be the answer to unwanted dwarfism in different breeds?
2. Each breed of dog is genetically distinct and probably very far removed for wolves.
3. Interesting correlation between humans and dogs. Seems to be somewhat of an indication that we are humanizing canines.

I’ll give more of my thoughts after I think about what I’ve just read. I’ve got to roll it around in my head for a little.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Originally Posted By: Vinnie2. Each breed of dog is genetically distinct and probably very far removed for wolves.
Interesting, since we always hear how close dogs and wolves are genetically.

Quote:3. Interesting correlation between humans and dogs. Seems to be somewhat of an indication that we are humanizing canines.
This I think was kinda inferred in that BBC program that I linked to in the Links section? though I don't understand it well enough to put words to it.

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally Posted By: LisaT
Originally Posted By: Vinnie2. Each breed of dog is genetically distinct and probably very far removed for wolves.
Interesting, since we always hear how close dogs and wolves are genetically.
Yes, I think that had always been the thought but it seems like they are saying that more recently the modern dog has become more evolved.

Originally Posted By: LisaT
Originally Posted By: Vinnie3. Interesting correlation between humans and dogs. Seems to be somewhat of an indication that we are humanizing canines.
This I think was kinda inferred in that BBC program that I linked to in the Links section? though I don't understand it well enough to put words to it.
I can't say that I really understand what they're saying yet, just something I picked up from reading this.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great that you subscribe to that site/publication, Lisa.

I'm all in favor of "more knowledge" but my funds are limited by my other areas of interest.

Get over that headache and give us your take on it. The good Doctor looks like a pretty impressive character with the Lab being named after him and all. His Post-Grad website is still on line so he's not that old.

Some of us are blessed with beauty rather than brains. What the [heck] happened to me?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts