German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
First post, not a new owner to pets though.

I've had since I was a kid: 3 German Sheppards, 1 Collie, 2 Beagles, 2 Cocker Spaniels, 4 Border Collies, 8 Horses, lots of stray cats and a Mule Deer (raised from baby to full grown with antlers etc.. left to come/go into the house at it's own free will).

My current GF and I, we live together, wanted a dog. We waited and waited and looked around shelters for one. Bulldog, Sheppard, Doberman etc.. deciding etc...

Well I'm now gainfully employed again (crappy economy)... so the search continued.

Friday night I was looking through the Riverside CA animal shelter pics and saw a German Sheppard puppy(s) for adotion.. but when we got there saturday afternoon they were spoken for.

We had the choice of going home, which I was set to do, or find another dog. There were a few pitbull puppies and some assorted breeds.

Then we spotted a female sheppard and the tag on the door said 10 months old. Ok, we'll bite.. kinda big for 10months old and she looks like she's had babbies too.

We got her out of the cage twice while we were looking at dogs and opted to take her. The girl helping us said she was 4 years old and that the other dog was 10 months.

We still took her...

Her new name is Daisy...

Dropped off by owner we were told, friday evening, we adopted her saturday evening and took her home yesterday.

She's shy but affectionate.. doesnt wag her tail yet and just got fixed so she's sleeping a lot and walks like she's in some pain.

So far an awesome dog and she wont have to face that adoption or die deadline.

Jake

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Thank you for saving Daisy. I hope her forever home shows her a great deal of happiness. I look forward to pictures of your new shepherd!

·
Super Moderator
32,585 Posts
Hi Jake, welcome to the board, and good for you for rescuing! But since you have a GSD now and have had them before you should know that it's spelled shepherd, not sheppard. "Herd" in the name comes from GSDs being a herding breed. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Awww...so sweet! Daisy is going to love her new home:) Congrats on the new edition, give her lots of love!!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome Jake, thank you for giving Daisy a forever and loving home. :greet:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jake, welcome to the board, and good for you for rescuing! But since you have a GSD now and have had them before you should know that it's spelled shepherd, not sheppard. "Herd" in the name comes from GSDs being a herding breed. :)
haha

I'm feeding her Royal Canin Shepherd dry food and spoiling her however possible.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
thats wonderful...good luck to you & Daisy...and have fun spoiling her :)

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Welcome to the board, and THANK YOU for rescuing! I keep seeing lots of nice German Shepherds in CA and it is heart breaking to know some will not make it!

Daisy will take awhile to know her name and bond with you - there is a wealth of knowledge here about the breed, training, food, health etc....spend some time going through message threads and you will come out with a bigger appreciation of this wonderful breed!

Lee

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
also thank you for rescuing Daisy,,we INSIST on pictures !!!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Welcome! And a BIG THANK YOU for saving Daisy!! And, yep, pictures are required!! :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
:D:D
Thank you for saving Daisy. I hope her forever home shows her a great deal of happiness. I look forward to pictures of your new shepherd!

:thumbup: :D

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Thank you for saving her life. Yes we do require pictures here :D

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Oh what a sweetie, I can tell she is not quiet herself yet by her ears/face, but give her time to heal and time to bond and you will have yourself an awesome best friend!!! Thanks for saving her life!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This might sound silly but I'm considering installing a wireless webcam at home that I can access from work to watch her during the day.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My gf just got home early and said Daisy is wagging her tail now and a lot more lively than this morning. I'm guessing she settleing in and probably not in as much pain from the cuttin of the tubes.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
This might sound silly but I'm considering installing a wireless webcam at home that I can access from work to watch her during the day.
Actually, thats a great idea. And, thanks for adding the pictures-she's beautiful.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts