German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized people don't know these dogs that have meant so much to so many people on this board. So I wanted to get some of the classic stories together.

And whew! I went through the pages of rescue stories and tried to pick a variety, but also realize that some of the best ones are ones that make it seem like rescue dogs all come in with BIG problems - and they don't. Some of the most memorable ones do though.

I am sorry if I missed any - if there are ones listed on the board that impacted you, feel free to add them.

SAVED! Commerce, GA - Sherman, M Senior (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
MatsiRed

Annalise (formerly Flora of TN) New Thread (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

MT.Vernon, KY-KYAH the Warrior Princess (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Whiteville,NC 1 y/o male,ERNIE,butchered ears Moved to rescue stories for updates (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Summerville, GA Mom and 15 Pups!!!!! to SCGSDR to rescue stories for more updates (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Lewisburg, WV, Tessa, black senior, to rescue stories - for more updates! (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

2 sisters on the run no more- lil' jams (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

SAVED: SHEP VON BELLEFONTAINE! (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Westminster, MD-Senior Male-Heartbreaking Euth Mon (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Elizabethtown, NC- 14 y/o Female Yes, 14 to rescue stories THANK YOU! (
1 2 3 4 5)

Brooklyn, NY - B/T f, emaciated (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Frieda and her newborn puppies (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

My Rescued SENIOR (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Chewbacca NewLifeJourney 2006 (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Before and After: Rescue Dogs (
1 2 3 4 5)

Bravo The Drug Dog 2006 (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Alma (aka Aza), pretty girl from Pittsboro, NC (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Atticus, Hemivertebrae Pup (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

ADOPTED: Whiting, IN shelter male needs rescue (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

SAVED: Fresno pup found in ditch (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Hero is in and OUT of the cold! (
1 2 3 4 5)

Bath, NY - Finger Lakes SPCA - Angie - 7 yrs old (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/loving-memory/106910-prayers-needed-right-now-eadaviss-rin.html

SAVED: URGENT-1 YR OLD M WILL DIE TOMORROW AM (
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

NEW to the list! http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/follow-up/122326-douglasville-ga-senior-f-wgsd-6248b-cheyenne.html

NEW to the list! Let me introduce you to my leetle friends...

6/30 added:
New - http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/rescue-stories-where-they-now/86340-saved-teddy-sad-sr-male-hs-northeast-pa-14.html

·
Registered
31,368 Posts
Where's the one from last year that SC pulled? Mom and puppies. I can't remember her name right now!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Awwww. Tessa and I are a "classic". *sniff, sniff* We are touched. I need to update with pics.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Jean, whatever happened to Apollo from the last link you listed?
That's the only one I've had time to read through.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw the great new pics on Tessa's thread! She's a pretty girl. Black GSDs are my favorite (don't tell).

I will see if we can get an Apollo update. Last I heard he was still furry!

I added the Leetle Friends :wub: to the list and then Mary Ann did a post on a must see thread with her Cheyenne HW+, old, bad lungs, mammary tumor and now getting ready for a Mardi Gras float for the weekend! http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/follow-up/122326-douglasville-ga-senior-f-wgsd-6248b-cheyenne.html

Anytime someone gives me a new one, I will add it to the top post too. :)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Thanks. Tessa has turned out to be a pretty girl. She was rough, rough, rough, but so many do! I wish I had saved her Petfinder pic, she has come a looonng way!!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Great idea Jean. If we give you the name are you the one that goes blind trying to find it??? lol....I always liked the story of Abby, the dog from New England GSR that was adopted and it didn't work out so she had to go back to the rescue but by then the foster home had taken on another do so she had to go to boarding (which she hated)......

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Didn't see Diesel??? sp???

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
wrong thread on Manny, was hoping to find the one bringing him to safety.

·
Registered
31,368 Posts
Who was the feral GSD in FL that was living on a construction site and had to be caught in a trap?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Jean:

There was a sable bitch with eight puppies that went to a southern states GSD rescue from a shelter in North Carolina as I recall. The foster mom ended up calling her Nadia after the human "octomom". The shelter photo of her and the newborn puppies on the concrete floor still haunts me. Can you find that thread?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts