German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recipe for really dark cut out cookies? I would like to make some black cats for Halloween.

Also, I would like to know if food die is safe for dogs. I have seen it in some recipes, but I am unsure...

Maybe some gingerbread with a little black die? Ideas?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
You could get black food coloring from Michaels and add it to any cookie recipe.

Adding it to chocolate chip cookies and then using white chocolate chips instead if milk chocolate would be neat.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have lots of coloring, because I decorate cakes. I am just not sure if it is ok for dogs. Do you know?

·
Registered
31,571 Posts
Originally Posted By: VinnieHow about mixing in juice from mashed blackberries?
mmmmm...in sugar cookies!!

yum..yum..

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Originally Posted By: MandalayYou could get black food coloring from Michaels and add it to any cookie recipe.

Adding it to chocolate chip cookies and then using white chocolate chips instead if milk chocolate would be neat.
Don't use Chocolate if its for the dogs...people fine, but not for the dogs.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Food dye should be fine for dogs, its a treat not something you will be giving them everyday over long periods.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally Posted By: shilohsmom
Originally Posted By: MandalayAdding it to chocolate chip cookies and then using white chocolate chips instead if milk chocolate would be neat.
Don't use Chocolate if its for the dogs...people fine, but not for the dogs.
I thougtht that white chocolate was fine for dogs. I was going to make some pumpkin cookies and pipe faces on with melted yellow candy disks.

Originally Posted By: shilohsmomFood dye should be fine for dogs, its a treat not something you will be giving them everyday over long periods.
Great! Good to know. I also love the blackberry idea. Has anyone tried making cookies with rye flour?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Originally Posted By: Jax08

yum..yum..
I was thinking the same thing. Move over puppers!

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Originally Posted By: crabby
Originally Posted By: Jax08

yum..yum..
I was thinking the same thing. Move over puppers!
now we're talking yuuuummmmmmm-eeeee. LOL the kids wouldn't eat them, mine all mine!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
We usually use rice flour when making treats for the dogs (have also used potato flour and tapioca flour, but have kind of settled on rice).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts