German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to the forum and just beginning the search for a GSD. This is a new world for us, so still trying to educate ourselves. We are primarily interested in a west german SL or WL puppy. Health, temperament, and lineage are all obviously important. This dog will be mainly for family companionship - don't envision showing or advanced specialized training. I've read through info on recommended breeders in Texas (this forum and elsewhere), but was hoping to get some more current feedback. I realize that negative posts on specific breeders are not permitted, but that such comments may be provided via IM. I'm interested in both good and bad experiences folks have had with specific breeders. We're in the Houston area, but can certainly broaden the search well outside this area. Any and all guidance is much appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts

I have a male from him that is a great grand of the current world champion Willy and his grand is the 4th ranked dog in the world. Very good pedigrees all around. He has his kennel here and is partners with his dad on their kennel in Romania.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All,
I hope everyone is doing well. I've been spending some time since my original post to research and educate myself a little more. We're (my wife, 2 young teen daughters and indoor cat) are still interested in adding a GSD puppy to the family. Leaning towards German Show Line, but also still interested in Working Line. Some breeders of German SL in my general area I've come across or heard mentioned positively are:

Rallhaus - Houston area - doesn't seem to have a web presence.
Vom Tal Der Schatten - Dallas area
Von Der Otto - Dallas area
Alta-Tollhaus - Michigan, so would require shipping. Website seems to indicate this would require an in person visit, per government guidelines?

For Working Line Germelhaus and Gerdeshaus (both in Dallas area) seem like well regarded options.

I'd be very interested in any comments and/or experience with these folks. Any other recommendations are also appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Madoli1113, bought a dog from 1 of the kennels that you mentioned above; please PM me if you would like information based on my experience with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for reaching out, Soldes. I don't think I can send a PM due to lack of posts, but not sure if I can receive. Would definitely appreciate your thoughts on any of these kennels.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Madoli1113, bought a dog from 1 of the kennels that you mentioned above; please PM me if you would like information based on my experience with them.
Thanks for reaching out, Soldes. I don't think I can send a PM due to lack of posts, but not sure if I can receive. Would definitely appreciate your thoughts on any of these kennels.

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts

Thanks
Not Knowledgeable enough to give breeder recommendations in your area. Just know whom not to purchase from as stated in my private e mail to you. Best of luck!.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently purchased an 8 week old female from Kaiser German Shepherds near Fort Worth. Great experience. This is our first German Shepherd. She's been a perfect addition to our family. She's now five months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts