German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

We are ready to bring a puppy into our loving home in North Jersey. Was wondering if anyone has recommendations on reputable breeders? We are doing a ton of research but are first time dog owners (but both grew up with GSDs in our families and are in love with the breed) so any recommendations in the area are greatly appreciate as we are finding word of mouth is the most trusting source. Looking for red and black short hair male (West German). We live in North Jersey and are willing to drive 5-6 hours for the right breeder. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Alta-tollhaus has some right now.

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Alta-tollhaus has some right now.
Alta-Tollhaus is in Michigan

Site says there is a lovely 12 month old female that may still be available: Available | Alta-Tollhaus
Sired by a VA male and out of 2x VA dam. She has an excellent temperament, well socialized with children and other dogs, basic obedience. Quina is living with her breeder in New York.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Dmc, hello from North jersey. My pup is from Hollow Hills Kennel. Owners name is Beth Dillon. She is in PA about 40 minutes from lake wallenpupak (sp?). Check out her website and Facebook page.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
D.

I’ve recommended them prior. Look at Cross Keys K9 in Williamstown, NJ.

I’ve got two of their pups in the last 15 months or so. Outstanding.

If and when I’m looking for another, I’m going right to them.

Great people. Great program. Great dogs.

You won’t be disappointed.

Best of luck to you on your search.

·
Registered
31,100 Posts
Dmc, hello from North jersey. My pup is from Hollow Hills Kennel. Owners name is Beth Dillon. She is in PA about 40 minutes from lake wallenpupak (sp?). Check out her website and Facebook page.
Just outside of Clarks Summit, PA :)

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
My asl is from Jessica Torres from Woodhavens German shepherds in New Jersey. Luna a wgsl is from Beth at Hollow Hills In PA.
highly recommend both breeders dogs are exceptional with children and the family. A few long weeks ago out on the trails we scooted over as a family was walking by with kids. One child who was about four years old was passing us ran over and gave Luna a kiss without stopping. Luna did not mind at all. She really is super sweet and kind. Max is a charmer to his friends and family and a great intense watch dog who just lives to learn things.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts