German Shepherds Forum banner

Reporter attacked

6K views 77 replies 28 participants last post by  arycrest 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I think this is the video the OP is talking about.

#9 ·
Wow that woman is a lunatic! And those dogs are more than likely to pay the price for HER behavior, they were only doing what was asked of them unfortunately to many of these dogs end up in hand of people like this and trained this way, the dogs seemed fine until given the command to go after the reporter!

#11 ·
That's why when the guy in CA whose dogs killed that woman is facing murder charges I was HAPPY. This woman should be charged with assault, I think she is.
The more people that face crimminal charges for things like this will hopefully instill in peoples heads your 100% responsilble for your dogs actions.

#12 ·
Well keep in mind that the reporter came up to a grieving mother and starts asking questions about how she feels about her daughter's killer. From the looks of it, there was some video edited out between the time she has the bat and the time she brings out the dogs since she had time to get her phone. It looks more like these journalists refused to take 'no' for an answer, and the woman was adamantly refusing to talk about her daughter's death.

That doesn't change the fact that these dogs might be destroyed for their owner's anger :(

#14 ·
Good dogs.

They went after the woman who was attacking their owner, and when she called them off they came back to her -- Not crazy pit bulls that had to be beaten unconscious to stop.

Did I get this right? The woman's daughter had been shot, and that the reporters were there to ask her how she feels about a 16 year old boy being arrested.

This woman is not a lunatic. She is a victim of being bothered with stupid questions from reporters who attack people when they are down and refuse to quit when they are clearly not welcome.

I wish she did not sick her dogs on the reporter. But I wish reporters would leave when they are asked to leave.

How much should a person have to put up with, really? Didn't Princess Di died while she was trying to run away from all the reporters.

I am going to say something else, and that is if my daughter had been shot recently, I might not make the best decisions either. Do we know if the girl is alive or dead? Do we know if this lady was spending 24 hour vigils at her bedside and hasn't slept in 3 days. No sleep in three days can make you do some less than brilliant things.

And now she is arrested.

Well, string her up!

When they arrested the creep whose dogs ATE that poor old lady jogging, I am all happy about that. This is really not the same.

#23 ·
Good dogs.

They went after the woman who was attacking their owner, and when she called them off they came back to her -- Not crazy pit bulls that had to be beaten unconscious to stop.
The reporter was harassing. Not attacking. Even if you want to call it a verbal attack, it doesn't warrant a dog attack on the street.

I do agree they were good dogs. They did exactly what they were told to do.

I'm sorry I posted this, I don't want to start any arguements but condoning this is saying it's ok to sic your dogs on someone if they bother you. I feel that's the wrong message to send to anyone.
Agreed. While I understand the woman may have been distraught, and if that's proven to be the case, it may provide her some legal defense for her assault...the bottom line is that it was assault. And using your dogs to assault a person is never to be condoned. It is NOT the same thing as a dog doing protection work or even being naturally protective of its owner.

When someone is harassing you, there are many other ways to handle it, as others have mentioned. Remove yourself, call the police.

Something tells me this isn't the first time that woman said sic 'em boy, and it probably won't be the last.

#15 · (Edited)
OMG! a kindergarten party, I guess the girl was 16, shot in the head? Did she die?

Lunatic?!? This is grieving momma bear! The reporters should be arrested. The dogs should not pay any price. That video shows that they are certainly not vicious killers.

#18 ·
Her daughter is in the hospital being treated.

From link provided above by blanketback: "Police say 16-year-old Ny'asia Lawrence was shot in the back on Sunday and is being treated at Hasbro Children's Hospital"

OMG! a kindergarten party, I guess the girl was 16, shot in the head? Did she die?

Lunatic?!? This is grieving momma bear! The reporters should be arrested. The dogs should not pay any price. That video shows that they are certainly not vicious killers.

#16 ·
The woman could have gone into the house and left the scene, it was irresponsible, and as I stated the dogs did nothing wrong they did what they were told to do and they were called off successfully, It never said whether the daughter was dead so I can see the mother being mentally unstable due to grief and who knows what else, sleep deprivation or lack of food/water (I know when I have grieved taking care of myself was low on the list) But STILL there were much better options like calling the police for harassment, now the woman is arrested and is bound to be suffering even more, so in a way she was a "lunatic" meaning she was out of her mind while doing this!

#17 ·
I believe that Ny'asia was shot in the back, and is still recovering in the hospital. I hope she gets well soon, poor girl.

And call me a horrible cynic, but what a happy day for the reporter. She only needs a tetanus shot and now she's right in the middle of this sensational story. Yay for her.

#19 ·
So, she has been in the hospital for days, and the mother may have been totally running on adrenalin.

The reporter only needed a tetnus shot. She should have left somewhere between the rock and the bat. How do you NOT know you are NOT wanted???

The mother of the child probably should be charged with assault. If I was the judge, I would throw it out.

#20 ·
I'm sorry I posted this, I don't want to start any arguements but condoning this is saying it's ok to sic your dogs on someone if they bother you. I feel that's the wrong message to send to anyone.

#21 ·
Shut the door, call 911 and let the police sort it out.

#22 ·
I may have brought my dogs forward (still in my yard) on a leash under control and presented them while telling the reporter to back off, then maybe open the gate and step out but only with my dogs on a leash. I'd never turn my dogs loose off my property like that unless I was being physically assaulted and physically unable to control my dogs. They are running around in a busy street!

#24 ·
I may have brought my dogs forward (still in my yard) on a leash under control and presented them while telling the reporter to back off, then maybe open the gate and step out but only with my dogs on a leash. I'd never turn my dogs loose off my property like that unless I was being physically assaulted and physically unable to control my dogs. They are running around in a busy street!
Exactly.

#26 · (Edited)
I never condoned her sicking the dogs on the reporter. However, I guess I understand that humans that are under duress might not respond as perfectly as the people on this site will every single time, even if their kid has been shot and is in the hospital.

The reporter is a total jerk. She should have left this distraught woman to her grief, and gave up. How much intelligence do you have to have to go away when the person you are trying to interview is not willing to talk to you? She should be fired.

My God, people, you raise a kid for 16 years, so some jerk can cut them down? Some 16 year old punk that will probably go to juvie for a couple of months or years? Do we know what the doctors told her today. Do we know that maybe they told her that her daughter will no longer be able to walk? Would that make you crazy enough to do something stupid?

That was an attack by the way. Both sides had raised their voices and the fact that the woman was challenging her, and not leaving, that was an attack. Under normal circumstances, the woman probably would have gone in and called 9-1-1. But under normal circumstances that reporter would not have been there.

#27 ·
While I DO NOT agree that the mother took the correct action. I equally DO NOT agree with the reporter continuing to be there after it was obvious she was not wanted.

The mother should have went inside...the reporter should have left.

Now two dogs may have to pay the price.

#33 ·
This crazy lady starts with a rock, then goes to get a bat, then her dogs.

One would think charges should be filed.
No blame of the dogs, I would opt to have this woman put down.:mad:

I always wonder at comments like this. I am happy that you have never had an experience to put you in such a state of mind.

As I said, I don't think the woman was right. But I don't think the reporter was either. There are reporters out there who are relentless and uncaring and just don't take no for an answer. I don't think that the reporter should of had the dogs on her, but I wonder how much of the reporters part was cut out to make her not look so bad. AH, the joys of editing.

If my daughter had been shot in the back and I had reporters hounding me, on public property or not, I'd have a few choice words for them. I don't think I would go as far as this woman did, but being a mother myself, I can see how someone could get that far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.