German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Here's the text from the dog's owner:
Simba is a darling at home with the entire family and is good with people we allow in the house. He is very agressive if non introduced people enter the home/property. He did bite a neighbor that came close to the yard and the gate had been acccidentaly left open. We will probably have to have him euthanized unless someone would like to take him. He is only 1 year old but we did not do any early trainig and do not anticipate we will have time to invest in trainig. He is AKC and has papers. He would make an excellent personal protection animal with training. He is a love bug with us too.

Wow. Just wow. I hope someone who has "time to invest" will rehabilitate this dog...he's so young.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So many things wrong with that post.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the text from the dog's owner:
Simba is a darling at home with the entire family and is good with people we allow in the house. He is very agressive if non introduced people enter the home/property. He did bite a neighbor that came close to the yard and the gate had been acccidentaly left open. We will probably have to have him euthanized unless someone would like to take him. He is only 1 year old but we did not do any early trainig and do not anticipate we will have time to invest in trainig. He is AKC and has papers. He would make an excellent personal protection animal with training. He is a love bug with us too.

Wow. Just wow. I hope someone who has "time to invest" will rehabilitate this dog...he's so young.
Terrible isn't it. Safe Haven is full and so is Dog Town. I did message the Canine Rehabilitation Center so crossing fingers. Hubby and I talked about going and getting him but we have 4 already. If anyone knows any rescues that have room please share him.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Argh, wish I could take him. He's still just a puppy, not too late for proper training and socialization. Hope he finds a good home.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Can Las Vegas GSD Rescue take him? I know they try and pull from shelters here in Vegas but maybe they could from Reno too? He's so young - makes me angry these people got him if they didn't have time for him. I wish I could help but my boy isn't a year yet either.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Its incredibly sad that someone bought a dog they didn't have time for and now that poor puppy is facing death due to human stupidity. I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country and could take on another dog.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can Las Vegas GSD Rescue take him? I know they try and pull from shelters here in Vegas but maybe they could from Reno too? He's so young - makes me angry these people got him if they didn't have time for him. I wish I could help but my boy isn't a year yet either.
I don't know they are 7 hours and 450 miles away from us. They pull a lot from California which is closer to them. If you know someone from down there please ask!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oooh I've seen this ad before! Someone should share him on facebook (I dont know how to from here). I bet a rescue would/could pull him. When you have a large, protective breed you need to be on the up and up all the time. They instinctively protect their 'pack' and territory. Lack of responsibility is what it's called!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts