German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice some people have their dog's name in their signature. When you click on it, it is a link to their pedigree. How do I do that?

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I think you just did it!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
If you go to the page where you edit your profile and click above the "signature" space where it says you can use UBB code in your sig, there are directions.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get the link to show up, but I want to have Kaper's name as the link so it doesnt' show the whole address for the pedigree site.
If you look at one the mods, Amaruq, his sig is like that.

BlackGSD-
thanks. I checked it out, and can make Kaper's name a link, but I can't figure out how to attach the link I want it to go to. It says
link = Makes the given url into a link.
title = Makes the given title into a hyperlink pointing to link.
I can`t seem to make the second one work. Is there an order or something I put it in.

I am not great at this stuff. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
32,242 Posts
It's actually really easy, you can make the board do it for you. Click on reply, (don't use the quick reply window), and above the post box the far left icon is for a webpage link. Copy the webpage you want to link to, click on the icon, and paste the URL into the pop up box. When you click okay, another box pops up, and you simply type in whatever you want to name it.

It will end up looking like this, but without the spaces that I added inside each bracket so the code will show up:
[ url=http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/524413.html]Kaper[/url ]

Copy the code, and paste it into your signature.

·
Super Moderator
32,242 Posts
Originally Posted By: Cassidys Mom[ url=http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/524413.html]Kaper[/url ]
The part in bold is the name that will show up - you can edit that part to say anything you want.

·
Super Moderator
32,242 Posts
Woohoo, it worked!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts