German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else with a young GSD puppy have trouble remembering they are just a puppy?

We have only had schipperkes -- GSD - - big change. Roxy at (4 months on the 30th of this month) is twice if not 3 times as big as our latest schipperke and he's 7. So I'm finding it really hard to remember she's just a baby. She's not the bouncing off the wall kind of landshark I keep reading about -- so that throws me for even more of a loop.

I just wondered if anybody else has been through this? And nothing bad...just an in general question.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I think when it comes to my expectations since mine is 50 pounds I find my first thoughts are sometimes "god she should know better by now" but I always stop myself before I act on that because it's followed up by the realization that yes, she is still a baby lol. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Happens to me.. My boy is so sweet and well behaved so when he does something wrong I forget he is just a baby.. He just turned 7 months and is 75 pds.. So he's a big baby. Lol
My girl just turned one and seems all grown up

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
angvi -- that's awesome. I start getting worried that my little girl is too well behaved and that there is terror down the road...but you have 1 that is 7 months and he's still well behaved??? That gives me hope.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
It's not you at all. Heck, it's even hard for me to remember that my 10 month old Border Collie is still just a puppy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Same here! My 4 months old is so big that I forget the puppy part behind that face. One night he jumped on the couch where my husband was working on laptop and try to get his attention in every way. My husband lost it push him off the couch and yelled at him. A few minutes later he crawls back to the couch quietly and put one of his paw out on my husbands lap. Since then my husband feels so guilty and doesnt want to push him off again lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yep, I forget all the time. I'm always think "Gosh, he should know better!" But the reality is, he's just barely 8 months and still has a long way to go (maturing and training wise).

The worst though is when you are in public and they decide to misbehave and other people think your (insert age greater than 2 years) dog is being antsy/whiny/not well mannered, not realizing they are a puppy. I try so hard to have him well behaved - especially in public places - but there are always bad days and I always seem to run into the crankiest people then.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Most people who ask her age don't even believe she's still a puppy.

I do remember that she is though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts