German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a year ago today that the Oso landslide claimed 43 lives in Washington State. Such a tragedy for so many families and friends. . . .

I understood at a deeper level what tremendous sacrifices, hardships, and dangers SAR teams face when working natural disasters. The terrain was extremely treacherous and there were SAR members and dogs carefully traversing logs over deadly mud searching, searching, searching . .. .

I am sure that SAR members have light moments and fun at times when training. There were no light moments a year ago in Oso--only risk, dedication, and service. I am sure many today in WA are thinking not only of the victims and their families, but also of the first responders. Thank you to all.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Luckily it's not often we have crazy stuff happen here, Oso, Mt St. Helens and some wind or ice storms, but when something does occur, we should be grateful for the first responders, many of whom are volunteers dedicating their time to help save lives. Hats off to all of them!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thank you for the reminder. I will keep the victims, their loved ones, and all first responders (2 and 4 legged) in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts