German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been listening to some dog training podcasts lately and one current topic is remember to enjoy spending time with your dogs. Granted these are professional trainers and more often then not are spending their work days "fixing problems" and that does create burn out. But still, if you aren't enjoying time with your furry best friends, maybe it is time to rethink your goals.

Since we aren't working toward a trial I can afford to play more. Having put my toes into the obedience sport world for awhile, I do have some goals to strive for. They are skill that not only give us something to work towards together but will serve us well in "real life". As you can see, my dogs and I are a mess. I video myself to check my own timing and body language. We have a long journey towards polish and pizzazz.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pVTBgic9LDYjGAY49
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNg2hJOGjJWKGPW5HGvPPnqxAoRiJjPfrX1EYE

by the way, I am thinking of making a you tube channel of the journey. I use music to time my work-outs...one to three songs depending on weather and energy levels. Anyone know a good source of copyright free music? You tube will ding me if I use Pandora or Alexa feed in my videos. :wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That looks delightful and happy all around :) I hear you on the happiness front. I am often surrounded by serious people. I respect their work type attitude towards it and they respect my lightheartedness. So it works.

For music I use TunePocket. None of them are actual tracks to known songs, but they always have something that fits. I use to use them for wedding and family photography. I am also liking Movavi for video editing. I'm PMing you some videos I shot and edited for commission. I cant just post them anywhere. You do not strike me as the type to share without asking lol

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm PMing you some videos I shot and edited for commission. I cant just post them anywhere. You do not strike me as the type to share without asking lol

As an artist I completely understand! I'll take a peek at it after lunch to see your brilliance :)

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
So important! When we have our training sessions that’s what they look like! Kills two birds with one stone! I just need new things to teach. The send out is something we will tap into. Great video! I have used the iMovie app, video music app, or the adobe clip app. The app lets you choose your own music from your phone or they have a selection of themed music you can choose from. I find I can load a video with Flickr with a copyrighted song. Works most of the time with Instagram and YouTube.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Awesome video! My dog LOVES her Wubba too, though the squeaker did not last a week...but she seems somewhat placated by the slapping noise made by the tails if I animate it sufficiently.

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
darn, the link to the older video is broken. (can a mod delete it for me please) Maybe it is because Google isn't supporting their short URL anymore

In the meantime I've been doing some "dog bowling" but my gal-dog cheats!

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heat wave still in effect. It was muggy but cool out this morning so we played a little OB / frisbee. It didn't take long for my big-boy to get too hot to want to play anymore. The dogs get hot and tired quickly but it isn't satisfying. Lots of short games at various times of the day is the rule lately. Even if it means more dirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Lol such a cute photo! So handsome! yeah they get over heated quick. Even the beach at night has been not breeze even by the shore. Cooling paws on the water help though even on not the greatest swimming days with the fog taking over .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
I love it! My favorite part of each day is when Rollo & I are playing together at the park,etc. I try to always stop myself and ask "what would be fun for him?" or "what would Rollo really enjoy doing?" It's easy to forget that this is supposed to be joyful for both!

·
Registered
251 Posts
https://youtu.be/DjIq1-xTp5c

not sure what happened to this old video. link is broken below
Our male can do this hose play all day, he LOVES the sprinklers for this same reason.
Our female does not want to be sprayed or have anything to do with spraying water but will sit in her pool for hours like she is at the spa.

Its funny how different there personalities are but water activities is so important with all this heat :sunburn:

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
How did I miss this thread? Great videos! We fenced off our pool because it was becoming a danger with them darting inside and shaking on the tile. So our water otter figured out a way around it.

I started feeling guilty when I would do my aqua exercises, all 4 dogs would sit at the fence whining like crazy. So now I have to close the doggie door when I’m using the pool. I get the stink eye when I come back in! Definitely looking forward to nicer weather!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts