German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got back the necropsy report on Snow Princess. Dr Gonzales and I can't understand how she survived as long as she did - her necropsy report was 4 pages long

To summarise:

1) heartworms - not only in her heart but in her peripheral vessels, lungs and even her BRAIN! The report stated "large vessels in the lungs are obstructed by numerous long, adult nematode parasites". "Blood vessels in ALL organs: severe microfilaria".

2) Anemia - intestinal parasite, GI bleeding, flea and malnourishment related.

3) Severe cardiopulmonary disease, including septic vegetative endocarditis on the aortic valve (which was the likely actual cause of death)

4) Tick disease, probably bartonella.

5) Gastrointestinal bleeding

6) Intestinal Parasites (hookworms) in the stomach and small intestine

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
I feel ill.......

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Oh the poor thing! She is free and healthy now, enough suffering in this world.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Re: Remember Snow princess, the emaciated White GS

Originally Posted By: myamomI feel ill.......
Me too...

So glad she isn't suffering any more.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

Just in case others don't know who this special girl was - here is her picture from the shelter.

This girl has a special place at the bridge and is happy and pain free now. Go chase the
and be happy!

·
Registered
624 Posts

Boy, this really makes me ill.

Looking at the list, the really sad part is that all of it was probably totally preventable with decent care. What a horrible life this poor girl led. People really failed this girl.

Hope she is in a much better place.

Thank you so much for trying to save this girl - just too late for this poor thing. I'm giving my Raphael from NC an extra hug today. He was loaded with HW when I got him, but we managed to treat him in time...he was one of the lucky ones.

Sigh...

·
Banned
1,829 Posts

Poor Baby,
Thank-You for trying to save this girl.May she rest in peace.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts

Poor baby, to live like that.

Thank you for giving her the only kindness she probably ever knew.

·
Registered
148 Posts

It's heartbreaking - just look at her eyes.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

bless your heart, rest in peace dear snow princess, you are free of all of it now...

·
Registered
24,301 Posts

Originally Posted By: nh_terryBoy, this really makes me ill.

Looking at the list, the really sad part is that all of it was probably totally preventable with decent care. What a horrible life this poor girl led. People really failed this girl.

Hope she is in a much better place.

Thank you so much for trying to save this girl - just too late for this poor thing. I'm giving my Raphael from NC an extra hug today. He was loaded with HW when I got him, but we managed to treat him in time...he was one of the lucky ones.

Sigh...
This is absolutely heartbreaking.

Rescue gives dogs who have been screwed over by people a second chance. It is why we must always be diligent to ensure that they never have to go through a living **** ever again.

Thank you spiritsmam for giving her the best time of her life. I always picture these dogs as puppies and all their potential and wonder how this can happen.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts

That is heartbreaking. (Runs off to hug rescue girl who's 6 years in a safe happy home)

·
Registered
737 Posts

sweet sweet snow princess if only you had caring owners. There were people that loved you in the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts