German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to rehome;
1 senior female GSD, male aggressive, largely overweight, barks her head off at every new noise, but has recently been spayed.
1 intact male husky/GSD, about 2yrs old, escape artist, no off switch, but finally doesn’t smell like swamp butt anymore. Prone to an excessive amount of ear infections. Also looks like he is starved because he never eats enough for the nonstop activity he does.
1 intact female black GSD, 5 months old. Already broke her jaw at 9 weeks, is the most vocal dog I’ve ever owned, and likes to swim just so she can jump straight from the pool onto your lap, without shaking off. Oh, and is constantly trash surfing.

OR

1 41yr old female. 4’11, 90lbs soaking wet, wakes up and drinks a fifth of fireball before leaving bed. No children living with her, she abandoned them all so she could drink herself to death, and is the main “caretaker” for our witch of a mother.

So I’m in CA, and mom wouldn’t let my sister go to Oregon with her, because my sister was sloshed by the time my mom was ready to leave. I brought the kids, dogs, and snakes. I’m not a novice dog owner, or a novice GSD owner, so I brought crates, even for Lyka. Everyone has done their business for the night, and I crated all 3 dogs in the dining room. I’m laying in bed trying to fall asleep, and my **** thighs are screaming in pain because I haven’t ridden in too long, and rode most of the day today. Alllllllmost asleep, and I hear Seiran start crying like crazy. Flashback to the day she broke her jaw, because it was the same sound. I jump out of bed in a tank and panties, rush into the dining room, and my sister and 5 guys are on the ground trying to catch Seiran, and Lyka is cowering in the corner.

My sister was, of course, drunk out of her mind, as were the idiots with her. Apparently they all decided it was a great idea to let Lyka and Seiran out of their crates so they didn’t start barking and wake me. My sister KNOWS I crate and rotate. She knows why. Well she decided that I’m just being overly cautious. Lyka was already scared, and the guys managed to back her into a corner. Seiran thought they were playing a great game, and bounded over to Lyka, jumped on her, and Lyka attacked.

Seiran now has a deep cut on the side of her muzzle, swollen to almost twice the size, and a bloody nose. Put a call into the after hours vet, and they said if she opening and closing her mouth, and can breath through her nose and mouth, she should be fine overnight, and try to put a cold pack on her swollen muzzle.

I’m so beyond furious with my sister, with Lyka (even though I know she reacted out of fear), and at myself. I should have had their crates in the room with me, but the room was too small to fit them all, and Crios howls if he’s left alone if the other dogs are in with me.

My stress levels are through the roof (due to other personal issues I’m going through), and I’m trying not to kill my sister. This last incident, following Seiran’s broken jaw, and Lyka’s recent surgery, may be the straw that broke the camels back.

So please have pity, mercy, whatever you want to call it, and either adopt my rotten dogs, or my POS drunken poor excuse for a human being sister.

Or any advice on how to make Seiran comfortable overnight would be amazing too. I moved her crate onto my bed, but she keeps whimpering.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Well! Are you having fun yet? Sorry no room for dogs and drunks just do nothing for me. I'm sure your baby girl is just scared more then anything. I agree with the ice pack. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks to your tired, angry, freaked out self.
I do have a couple pairs of handcuffs if it would help.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well! Are you having fun yet? Sorry no room for dogs and drunks just do nothing for me. I'm sure your baby girl is just scared more then anything. I agree with the ice pack. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks to your tired, angry, freaked out self.
I do have a couple pairs of handcuffs if it would help.
Handcuffs would be a lifesaver! I just don’t know if I should put them on myself, or handcuff my sister to the fence out front and leave her there all night!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
List the 41 year old female on eBay. You could get lucky. Have fun writing the listing, Seiran may calm down when you do.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She’s doing okay, seems to have settled for the night. Her muzzle is a lot more swollen than it initially is. Debating whether to drive back to AZ early and see her regular vet, or call my equine vet in CA and have him check her in the morning. It just looks like regular localized swelling, she’s breathing just fine through her nose now that it’s stopped bleeding.

eBay is far too classy for my sister. I’m thinking more along the lines of craigslist.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Oh brother what a mess. Your beginning started out at what seemed like it was a funny. I’m really sorry and know what I would want to do with those hand cuffs. It just seems like you went from the pan into the fire.

I hope she is feeling better and take care of yourself and your dogs how ever you have to. Personally, I would leave but that’s me. Tons of thoughts for all of you.

Reactions: tc68

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m about 2 hours from home at a rest stop for potty time. I packed everyone up and left last night. My sister kept coming in crying and wanting to check on Seiran, then passed out on the foot of my bed. I was to tempted to do mean things to her.

Kid slept through the transfer, and Seiran’s swelling seems to have gone down some. I’ll hit town about the time the vet opens, so I’ll drop the kids and dogs off at home, and take Seiran to the vets. Not looking forward to a lecture I’ll get about my senior and puppy being together, and no desire to try to explain to the vet. But if I want to look on the bright side, I’m saving a ton of money returning the rental van 4 days early!

This is the best I can do picture wise. She won’t stay still and doesn’t want me anywhere near her muzzle.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
She’s doing okay, seems to have settled for the night. Her muzzle is a lot more swollen than it initially is. Debating whether to drive back to AZ early and see her regular vet, or call my equine vet in CA and have him check her in the morning. It just looks like regular localized swelling, she’s breathing just fine through her nose now that it’s stopped bleeding.

eBay is far too classy for my sister. I’m thinking more along the lines of craigslist.
Remember to charge a rehoming fee, free is dangerous. She could end up somewhere awful. Oh wait, never mind, lol.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, it was her lower jaw that was broken. Just got Seiran back in my arms from the vet, and we got the all clear. Said the swelling should go down in the next two-three days. Did a panel of x-rays, nothing broken or moved out of place. Thank heavens!

And a rehoming fee won’t work. I’ll have to pay someone to take that train wreck! I wouldn’t have even gone at all had I known she would be there.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
So glad to know that Seiran will be okay, and that you don't actually have to LIVE with this train-wreck of a sister!

I'm a bit hazy on the living situation: are you house-sitting for your mom? Does the sister live there, too? How long are you going to have to put up with the situation?

I hope you don't have to go back!

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like your sister needs to be seen by social services. I mean this in a respectful way.
Been there, done that. Actually paid for her rehab 3 times before I stepped away. Social services has been called regarding elder abuse via neglect of my mother as well, and my sister is just really really good at looking innocent, and plays the victim role well. I wasn’t the one that called for the elder abuse though, no one in the family wants to step forward because it was unsuccessful.

But yay, Seiran is okay, and now I can get some sleep, tune out those family issues that I’ve avoided for years, and not go back to the property until they are both gone. My one good sister said I could use her RV any time I need a break, so maybe after sleeping for a few hours, we will head that way. It’s only 2-3hrs there depending on traffic.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So glad to know that Seiran will be okay, and that you don't actually have to LIVE with this train-wreck of a sister!

I'm a bit hazy on the living situation: are you house-sitting for your mom? Does the sister live there, too? How long are you going to have to put up with the situation?

I hope you don't have to go back!
I co-own the property with my mother via my grandfathers will. When my mother passes, the property will be fully mine, there is a stipulation in the will that my mother cannot will her portion to another family member. And I will file for legal eviction on my sister.

My mother needs full time care, because she refuses to do anything herself. She’s physically capable, but believes that we should all bow to her and wait on her hand and foot in her old age. We have never had a good relationship, so I tried my hardest for 6 months to live there full time and care for my mother. When I realized I was getting physically ill from all the stress and ridiculous demands she would put on me, my dogs, and my children, I moved out, and the sister moved in.

I have a keeper hired that works on the property and handles the animals while I am gone. My sister and mother were both supposed to be gone, so I wanted to take the kids and do some riding, the kids love gathering the chicken eggs, and it’s actually incredibly peaceful and quiet when they are gone.

So a weird situation I avoid like the plague. No one thought it would be wise to call or text and let me know my sister was actually there.

·
Registered
16,121 Posts
I don't know how long you were there, but I am surprised that you stayed however long it was. Given the little you have said about the fun family, it is only to be expected that they did not let you know they had aborted the trip they were going to take. Of course.

From up here far away from the situation, I would be tempted to look into surveillance devices in an effort to have your sister removed from the property and maybe something done about your mother. On the other hand, it sounds a bit like your sister and mother are a good pair.

Glad you are gone!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I’m about 2 hours from home at a rest stop for potty time. I packed everyone up and left last night. My sister kept coming in crying and wanting to check on Seiran, then passed out on the foot of my bed. I was to tempted to do mean things to her.

Kid slept through the transfer, and Seiran’s swelling seems to have gone down some. I’ll hit town about the time the vet opens, so I’ll drop the kids and dogs off at home, and take Seiran to the vets. Not looking forward to a lecture I’ll get about my senior and puppy being together, and no desire to try to explain to the vet. But if I want to look on the bright side, I’m saving a ton of money returning the rental van 4 days early!

This is the best I can do picture wise. She won’t stay still and doesn’t want me anywhere near her muzzle.

Jchrest, I'm really, really sorry.
As a adult child of an alcoholic Dad (he died 21 years sober) and 2 insane and addicted sisters, I made the best decision I could make over 5 years ago when Mom died..

No sisters for me.

Mom died, they have my only family pictures, and last time I saw them was at Mom's funeral. We were a family, not a blended family, just a dysfunctional one.

Removing myself from their lives, saved me. I managed to get Dad into recovery, he worked on helping us build a very good drug and alcohol recovery program, and eventually I decided I was done with dealing with drunks professionally and went back to nursing Veterans. Dad died in 2005 of Alzheimers. I, the NURSE wasn't allowed to go to his funeral, because as a geriatric nurse, I took exception to it taking him 11 days to die. No one should die of parotid gland abscesses feverish and with pneumonia, but staying alive because my mother wouldn't allow him to die. The poor man, what a horrible death.

My husband is sober. I don't drink and I don't tolerate people who do.

We built our farm, put an electric fence around it, and allow who we want in our lives, our horses, our dogs, our geese and chickens and the sisters can make themselves nuts together, I'm out.
Sometimes, you have to do what's best for your family, winged, four legged or adult. My family stopped making good decisions, so I stopped being their sister.
Life is peaceful. They know I will always love them, but I will not tolerate unacceptable behavior. Nor should you, or anyone.

A sister still in her addiction will always make bad choices, good you left. I know it sucks, I lived it for about 40
of my 55 years.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Both my parents were alcoholics, including my step parents. All my siblings have taken to it, in conjecture with drugs for some of them.

I did years of Alanon meetings, and still attend to this day when they leak back into my life. I stopped being their life rafts years ago. Just focus on me and mine, and they are free to go down any road they want, as long as it doesn’t lead to my front door! I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers. When people ask how many siblings I have, I say 1 sister, because she is the only one I haven’t written out of my life. And no, NOT the same sister I dealt with yesterday!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts