German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all we have a new 10 week old female GSD in our family. The question I have is we were given the papers when we bought her but not sure if I should register her. Not thinking we are going to breed her because of her pretty good size overbite. I know this can fix it self but either way its undecided.
So it it worth registering her?
Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
My boy was sold to me on limited registration. He will never be bred but I did register him so we could participate in AKC venues. I just can't show him.

*I* would register for my own records. My sister-in-law also has a GSD that she has never registered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AKC registry I would think. The paperwork I have the breeder did not sign off on so all I have is the registration numbers of the parents.
Just looking for advice on what I can do.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Well... what does the paperwork say? Does it say AKC on it? There are multiple registries here in the US - AKC, UKC, CKC, etc. Some registries aren't worth the paper it's printed on. It really depends.

If it is AKC.. do you plan on participating in any AKC events? Any showing or trialing? That would be reason to register. You'll probably need to have your breeder sign whatever they need to sign prior to sending in the paperwork.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... what does the paperwork say? Does it say AKC on it? There are multiple registries here in the US - AKC, UKC, CKC, etc. Some registries aren't worth the paper it's printed on. It really depends.

If it is AKC.. do you plan on participating in any AKC events? Any showing or trialing? That would be reason to register. You'll probably need to have your breeder sign whatever they need to sign prior to sending in the paperwork.
Its AKC, for me to register her its $30 for a certificate. But the problem is I'm not sure if I can get a hold of the breeder to sign the paperwork until school starts because all I have is a email address and no phone number. The breeder is a school teacher and the email is his school address.
Sounds weird but there is a story behind how we bought our gsd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts