German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I pick? Are there rules? No kennel name (don't jump me please) but I wanna pick something awesome just because! He will be neutered, so no breeding from me. Of course his name is Sabo. I'm an RN in an ER (as my name states) and hubby is a police officer. We are both MPs in the army. So something along those lines.

How long do I have to send in the paperwork?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
874 Posts
I am still sitting on mine trying to think of a name. On my AKC papers looks like maybe a year to register?

good luck -- I've been trying to think of something for 2 months now

my breeder didn't require the name..she would prefer that I use the mothers name somehow. So I would start by asking the kennel or breeder if they require it :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I assume you are talking about AKC?. If so, here are the rules for naming your dog. Naming of Dogs I believe you have up to a year from time the application is issued to register the dog. If you miss that deadline, you have to pay extra.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I have a terrible time thinking of names for the Hooligans (I love it when they come to me already named) ... but ...

... could you do something simple like using your last name, a rank found in both the military and police force, and Sabo's name ... for example: SMITH'S SERGEANT SABO

Or something more discreet like ... SMITH'S HONOR GUARD

Something completely off the wall acknowledging your connection to an ER ... SMITH'S CRITICAL CARE or SMITH'S MEDICINE MAN

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sgt. Sabo Trommashere.

My favorite thought is that the AKC name doesn't have to be anywhere near the call name...so you could have fun doing an AKC name like Sig von Traumakrankenschwester (Sig for the Sig Sauer handgun and Traumakrankenschwester is Trauma Nurse in German) and still be able to call him Sabo.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My current 5 month old GSD Havoc is from British Columbia Canada. Tracy (breeder) said pick 3 names beginning with J since he was from the JQ (Juneau-Quinella) litter. I wanted something unique that many wouldn't have. So my first choice and the one Tracy loved was "JustInCredible". So on his CKC papers he is JustInCredible Bullinger.....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sgt. Sabo Trommashere.

My favorite thought is that the AKC name doesn't have to be anywhere near the call name...so you could have fun doing an AKC name like Sig von Traumakrankenschwester (Sig for the Sig Sauer handgun and Traumakrankenschwester is Trauma Nurse in German) and still be able to call him Sabo.
I love sig traumakrankenschwester lmao!!!! Sounds like cranky trauma nurse lmao so fitting!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts