German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He’s been happily eating from for 5 years. Suddenly in the middle of a bag he sniffs and backs away from his dinner. Has happened for a few nights. I know he’s hungry and wanting dinner. He also gets a few spoonfuls of canned mixed in. Last night I had a small bag of orijen which I mixed with the rest of the same can food. He gobbled it down. So it was definitely the Fromm dry large breed. Not sure what’s going on. Should I change brands?

·
Registered
197 Posts
If he's been eating it fine for several years I would wait to switch. Is it possible that the Fromm went bad or rancid? I would buy another smaller bag of his current food to make sure that it's not just that one bag of the Fromm

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'd change kibble... if he seems to do well on the Orijen... if his appetite--poop and energy are good do the Orijen....I think sometimes it can be something with a particular bag of kibble..basic.ingredients are a little different ???....supplements smell stronger ?? what ever the reason the dog smells or tastes the difference and it puts them "off" the food

1 - 4 of 4 Posts