German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why, but Wolfie refuses to pee in the rain! He has no trouble pooping in the rain, but when he goes to pee, he won't do it! He has done this since he was a baby. He goes out, and if it's raining, he will turn in circles, like he has to pee, then squat and do nothing. I have no idea what this is all about. It's very frustrating. I have been out 4 times with him today, and he has only pooped. He hasn't peed since 11:30 last night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
im having the opposite problem right now...my 8 week old pee'd many times but wont poop in the rain! hmmm

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange creatures we have here.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jakey won't do either! Boot him outside in the rain, he'll just curl up by the door and wait for the door to open again. put him on the leash, walk him out in the yard, we get soaked, he just stands there with the saddest, most pitiful look on his face. "Daddy, what did I do to deserve such abuse? It's cold, and wet, and yet you make me stand out here!?"

Soon as the rain stops, he'll have a stream that lasts 2 minutes straight!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Our Bullmastiff, Akira, used to refuse to go out in the rain. She once held it for a full 24 hours. I have no idea how, but she did. We were always worried she would have kidney or bladder issues from doing that, but it was never a problem.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Akira will pee in the rain but not poop.....she once held it for 3 days when we had a bad series of storms and rain that wouldn't let up a few years ago. Even when the rain would stop for a few, she was convinced it was still storming and wouldn't stay out long enough to poop.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Oh Wolfie...it's all wet no matter where it comes from! Stosh loves the rain, in fact he likes to go out to the corner of the deck and lay it in. Maybe he's the odd one

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
My boy loves water and being wet, so no problem. I have to make him come in out of the rain once he goes out to potty.

When we first got him and was doing potty training we were in the rain alot but it was in July so I guess he got used to it. Sorry can't be of much help.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Oh Wolfie...it's all wet no matter where it comes from! Stosh loves the rain, in fact he likes to go out to the corner of the deck and lay it in. Maybe he's the odd one
Nope, Hondo loves it too. In fact, when it's dry out - he'll stand in the water bucket then when he comes out he makes a huge mess. Of which he will lay in. :crazy:

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
That's why God invented umbrellas and IPODs.... eventually they will pee/poop.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe he's afraid he might flood the yard more, or mad because he can't kill the grass in that spot? Lola loves it too, she hates coming in from a good rainstorm (she has recently discovered that we have no gutters, so the water comes down faster by the house...and she can run back and forth in it, between it, jump through it, you name it).

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
We had that problem with Shelby only if if it was raining and she didnt pee outside, she'd come in and squat. I swear i could have killed her some days. Riley will go out and pee and poop and Shasta will go pee but try and get her to poop in the rain is an hour long adventure. She knows she's not coming back in until she goes potty so we'll stand out there in the rain until she does. She has yet to hold out past an hour though!

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's why God invented umbrellas and IPODs.... eventually they will pee/poop.
I know Steve Jobs has a high opinion of himself, but to call him "God"... I kid...

2 am or 5 am is a horrible time to be forced to stand in the cold rain because the dog refuses to go, but has to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts