German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

She's listed as a malinois shepherd but I just see sable shepherd.

Breed: MALINOIS SHEPHERD

M/F: FEMALE
Description: "SHEBA"CALLING ALL RESCUES!! WE FINALLY GOT THE OKAY TO RELEASE HER AND PLACE HER UP FOR ADOPTION. SHE WILL NEED A HOME ENVIRONMENT AND SOME QUALITY ONE ON ONE TIME. NO SMALL CHILDREN AS SHE IS VERY ENERGETIC.

Osceola County Animal Control
502 N. Savidge St.
Reed City, MI 49677
(231) 832-5790

Dogs

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Morning bump

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Is anyone working on this girl? Is there any additional information? It sounds like there is story behind her.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
anyone know her story? She's a pretty girl. I'd take her in a heartbeat if i could.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lady I spoke to at the shelter said that Sheba has been in the kennel since December and was part of a neglect case! They have just now been given the go ahead to adopt her out.

The poor girl has been in a kennel all that time and is going stir crazy. She's not aggressive but is a bit nippy and jumpy, but that's not surprising given the time she's lived in a kennel. And she's listed as only a year old now!

She needs either a rescue or somebody with german shepherd experience that can handle her. They have been speaking to one man about her who has experience with the breed. The lady I spoke with wasn't sure if they were going to adopt to him or look for a rescue as it wasn't up to her.

I hope she can get to a rescue or the right home soon. She needs out of that kennel!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I sent this to someone who is looking for a very high energy female shepherd. Unfortunately, she is no where close to MI, but you never know. It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Thanks! That's what I thought too. Darn, I wish my friend was closer. This girl sounds perfect.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still listed.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I emailed the shelter this morning to see if she was still available (she's listed on their site but not on petfinder) and this is what I received:

We had a wonderful man who was interested in adopting her and even planned to take a week off work to ensure they would bond. He came several times to visit, and we have not heard from him for several days now. Sooo I would like to ensure she gets into a good home or foster right away. If we don't hear from him today (since we were closed yesterday) with a firm commitment as to "when" he can adopt her, lets get her rescued!! She needs it! She's been here since December 18,2009 as part of a cruelty investigation that is still not yet tried. Bless you Caroline and please let us know tomorrow when you may be able to get her out of here. Call with any other questions and thank you! Michelle at OCAC 231-832-5790

If she's only a year now she's spent most of her first year locked up in a kennel. She needs out of there. Is there any help or suggestions?

I've emailed back asking for anymore information on her, such as how she is around other dogs and people, etc. When I hear back I will post it.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh poor girl, she needs a good home and soon!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is what I got back from Michelle at the shelter:

Caroline, He never called yesterday - so I'm thinking he may have found another dog :(. I would not recomend her with small kids as her energy level is far too high for all the time she's been pent up. When she gets in the exercise area - she's a whole new dog! She's still energetic - but not what she is in her kennel. She runs back and forth and does bark at other dogs if they are in the run next to her or in the exercise area and this is typical "shepherd" behavior. Call with any other questions and thank you for listing her and helping us try to place us. I really want her to go with someone with experience - so she won't end up outside when they don't work through her stressers. I think she's got loads of potential! Call with any questions and thanks again! Michelle OCAC 231-832-5790

Suggestions, anyone?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Reed City is 2.5-3 hours from me, if someone wanted her, I would pick her up, and would run, no more then 2 more hours North, I would do 4 hours South, that would most likely be an hour into Ohio..I have young kids, and one Shepherd, I couldnt hold her.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i may have missed it but does anyone know her adoption fee?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
According to their website, the adoption fee is $10.00 with a refundable $35.00 fee once the dog is spayed/neutered and vaccinated.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump for Miss Energetic!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump. Still listed

1 - 20 of 27 Posts