German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am looking for some advice with regards to reducing the amount of water i put in my GSD Puppy's Kibble at feeding times.

I maybe should have done it before now as my puppy is now 6 months old. I am also wanting to know is, do most people phase the water out and eventually feed only dry kibble or is there a lot of people that still feed their GSD dogs wet bibble?

Also over what length of time should i reduce the water? Gradually a little each day or per week? As i don't want to reduce it too fast and harm my GSD Puppy!

All advice will be gratefully received!

Thank You

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
I never did put water in my pup's kibble. The bits are small, not big dog chunks. Now, however put about a 1/4 of a can of 4Health wet dog food on top, to add variety and a bit of moisture and I add a bit of water because it mixes together better that way. In the morning I don't add water. I do add a boiled egg..I like treating my dogs to something fresh.

At 6 months I used to play a game where I would toss a handful of dry kibble across the hardwood floor and my boy would chase it. He loved that game for quite awhile.

Bottom line, you don't really need to add water. Some folks prefer to soak the kibble in a effort to reduce the chance of bloat. The thinking is that if it is already full of moister it won't swell in the stomach.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I put water in all of my dogs kibble. I never used to but someone on here told me I should. I called fromm and asked them. The lady said that they recommend it but you don't have to. Said she does her dog. So I figured why not. The dogs seem to enjoy the little bit of gravy they get at the bottom of their bowl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts