German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I noticed a bit of blood where my dog was laying and so I went to check his paws but nothing then and then I noticed that after lifting his tail up I saw what looks to be some skin hanging from his scrotum. I've seen him lick around there before but never noticed anything like this never saw red spots or blood from it.is it possible that he was just biting at it and did this? Or maybe scraped it when laying outside on dirt or something. One seem like its a layer of skin hanging from it. Doesnt seem to bother right now still look normal I would say. Hes not licking at it right now and i didnt noticed anymore blood.Should it heal by itself? Sorry for asking this here but I want to get the most information without going to the vet because he probably wont easily let them check it so I want to know if this is serious. Thank you for any information

·
Registered
845 Posts
That is not normal, your dog needs to see the Vet. At the very least talk to your Vet on the phone and see if you can send them the images to look at.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ahhhhh must be uncomforable for him! This just reminded me that my dog suffered something like that before, once! I don't know what the reason was. But at that time I was dirt poor and didn't have money to take him to the vet, so I called our vet and asked for advice: Gently pat the open, bloody area with tissue as dry as you can, then rub olive oil/coconut oil all over the scrotum. I also bought my dog a cone for less than 15 bucks to stop him from licking. Thankfully it worked like a charm and he was good as new within a week or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhhhh must be uncomforable for him! This just reminded me that my dog suffered something like that before, once! I don't know what the reason was. But at that time I was dirt poor and didn't have money to take him to the vet, so I called our vet and asked for advice: Gently pat the open, bloody area with tissue as dry as you can, then rub olive oil/coconut oil all over the scrotum. I also bought my dog a cone for less than 15 bucks to stop him from licking. Thankfully it worked like a charm and he was good as new within a week or so.
Thanks for the information, I've set an appointment up with my vet to have this checked out. Right now it looks like its drying over and is white around there so maybe its starting to heal. I'll post a pic of how it is maybe you can tell me if that's what it looked like while healing. I dont want to have to take him to the vet because of the outbreak they dont allow me inside which makes it difficult. That's why I'm asking for an opinion first. Thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeap that looks just like my dog's. Take him to the vet if you can. If not, you can try what I tried.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeap that looks just like my dog's. Take him to the vet if you can. If not, you can try what I tried.
I was able to take him in to get it checked out. He said that it's probably from a floor cleaner or another cleaner he touched. Gave a spray to spray with and see how it heals then. Thanks for the input about this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts