German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I'm curious what others have to say. If it were me though, I'd be on my way to the vet. To me it almost looks like skin cancer (just a completely uninformed guess)...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Looks like a skin infection. If so, it will spread. Get to the vet to have it cultured and appropriate meds prescribed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Mikepent02,

This actually happened to my Shih Tzu too, but I wasn't sure what it was. I'm not one that usually rushes to the vet, so I just bathed her with Zymox shampoo and conditioner, did a quick salt-water rinse twice a day, and applied a tiny bit of Neosporin and it went away.

I know you said you don't notice any discomfort, but maybe try to bathe her and see if the redness tones down. Ihope your baby feels better soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like the get will say yes it's red and tell me to put the cone on her many I'll go to a different vet next week
Iam wondering what this Mark is didn't notice it until today never seen anything like it before doesn't seem to bother her

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Looks like what Nikki gets during her allergy flare-ups. The dermatologist diagnosed it as "bacterial pyoderma" (bacterial skin infection). This needs to be seen by a vet.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Looks like yeast infection to me, but I'm an excavator/equipment operator by trade so take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yep i'm gonna go with infection, like some members have posted.
my dog was itching his belly, and i looked and i saw what appeared to be little red spots like mosquito bites, nothing as drastic as yours though, maybe because i caught it early.
took my dog to the vet, doc immediately said infection, came home with 2 week worth of medication, cleared right up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts