1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jazmin loves homemade dog bones- I use a bone shaped cookie cutter from michael's craft store: I vary the amounts based on how much im making but after all is said and done its a thick dough that is easily rolled out and cut to make shapes. I dont measure, i go through my kitchen and dump items into the bowl.

Jazzy Bones:
Flour
Quick oats
Peanut butter
Ground flax seed ( small amount)
Vegetable oil
water if needed to mix the dough

If i dont make the peanut butter bones then i put in steak chunks from leftovers, with the steak juices and fat, parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
I have a Costco business center near me and they put their beef roasts on sale for under 2 bucks a pound. I buy a 20-25 bucker and cut out the 2 best parts for me and cut the rest up and freeze it in snack bags. Tony just loves these pieces raw and I am not kidding you, you had better watch your fingers when feeding this to them. One little snack bag lasts 2 days and the raw meat is really good for them. Waiting for one of these treats, look at those eyes.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
meat crunchies

So I read somewhere on here a recipe on meat crunches using stew meat-- but when I went to the store today the cheapest meat I could find was heart--So I bought it (1.98 lb) cut it up into 1/4' cubes and followed the directions for cooking..My question-perhaps too late--Is this gonna be ok for my dogs? I gave them each a couple of bites and they loved it..but it seems awful rich..any advise would be helpful--At this point I have quite a lot of this for treats--Maybe like almost 2 cups--I guess I should keep this in the fridge? Thanks in advance for your comments...I will be giving this to my dogs but what ever ya'll tell me will determine how often I will give it to them.
Jan

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dehydrated liver is the favorite here. You can use a dehydrator or cook at a low temp in the oven for a long time until the liver is leathery. Refrigerate and it will keep a long time.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
My grandfather has chickens and my neighbors hunt deer. So when either has extra meat they give it to me. I found these really cool seasonings made specifically for dogs and I cook up the meat with them (bake them usually) and then I use them for training and for special meals :)

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Dehydrated liver is the favorite here. You can use a dehydrator or cook at a low temp in the oven for a long time until the liver is leathery. Refrigerate and it will keep a long time.
Be careful with liver it isn't really that good. But for once in awhile treats it is fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I''m in need of some help my vet told me i need to change chow for my loving shepherd and I'm wondering which is the best chow for her cause she said for a 3 yr old dog she should be bigger in size

also which is the best wormer recommended for shepherds can some please help me

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi

is this ok do feed a gsd every morning evening and night and regular meal
or do I need to add something more to his diet I do plan on buying him green tripe but I have no idea where they sale it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chicken Dog Treats
Laika(it`s my dog) loves chicken, and these homemade dog treats make her go insane — just a fair warning. You’ll need a cup of diced chicken, half a cup of cooked rice, 3 tablespoons of rice flour, a tablespoon of parsley, and one egg. If you don’t have chicken on hand you can dice up your pup's favorite meat for this simple recipe as a substitute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts