German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for good book or website reading to learn more about GSD. I was thinking librabry but don't mind purchasing books if it means more up to date information. Since I am starting from the ground floor, it'd figure it's the basic place to start.

·
Registered
598 Posts
http://www.leerburg.com

I've been a member of their forum for several months, and I still learn something every day. I have read lots of his eBooks/articles (free!), and I still haven't read all of them. I also own about 6 of his Leerburg produced DVD's, everything from Your Puppy 8 Weeks to 8 Months, to Competition Heeling.

You can also join the forum and learn a ton from asking your own questions and reading others'. Good luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all! I was drooling over the Leerburg site after seeing the posts about collar/leash suggestions. But I didn't go through the site entirely. Thank you! I'll be checking out all the other suggestions as well! Keep them coming! =)

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
For general dog knowledge I like Jean Donaldson's Culture Clash.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update- I made it to the library today. Ours is small, but I can get books sent from any library in the county on their site. I picked up two that are old but hoping they're alright. One is a GSD breed book and one is a Lab Ret. book. They do have clicker training books and Caesar Milan's book. A few others I have heard about here as well. The one I picked up today was "The German Shepherd Dog" from Helmut Antesberger. I'm hoping it's good basic knowledge. After getting through these I will go online and see what I can order. =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts