German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I have been browsing this forum and the web for any possible information regarding the overall consensus for the recommended pre-made raw food brands for young pups (8-16 weeks).

I have came across many brands such as Stella and Chewy, Primal, Bravo, Steves real food, and K9 Kravings. All of these brands seem to be top tier. However, I am having trouble trying to finalize 2-3 solid choices for GSD puppies. I know the digestive system, price, and preference play a role but chopping some of these options down would be greatly appreciated from you knowledgable individuals.

I would like to find which of these brands provide a solid balance of nutrients specifically for this breed at a young age. Additionally, if anyone has a rough estimate of the monthly price for this food within the particular age group it would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have personal experience with Stella and Chewy’s, Steve’s, and Primal. Of the three, I think Steve’s is the best as far as quality and digestibility. Someone I work with fed their dogs Primal and the dogs consistently vomited on it. I tried it with mine, and they liked it just fine but preferred the Steve’s.

Price wise, Steve’s is the best deal, and if your supplier does the Frequent Buyer program, even better. Steve’s also has a prey model diet, so they have raw without all the extra produce and things added. Just meat, organ, and bones.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My younger Malinois's breeder starts his puppies on Oma's Pride when they are weaned. I don't have any experience with it though, we switched her to homemade raw when she arrived.

We use Stella & Chewy's freeze-dried meal mixers as training treats and their patties as meals when traveling, our dogs love them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts