German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might not be a good place to ask this but do you have any recommendations for auto-ship pet food suppliers? Please feel free to move this thread if this is not an appropriate forum.

Thanks!

·
Registered
529 Posts
www.petflow.com/
Great shipping prices for auto ship. They may charge a little more for food but the shipping price is great! I must add I have never used them before but am thinking about it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Online dog food shopping?

Can anyone recommend a good online pet supplier for dog food, besides petcarerx and petflow.com? I am looking for free shipping, but it's ok if I need
to spend $100 at a time!! Also, how does the auto ship system work, in general?
:help::):help:

·
Registered
266 Posts
k9 cuisine.com has free shipping over 50$, there prices are a little higher to reflect that.
Sometimes petfooddirect has free shipping sales on select brands.
I look at these 3 often to check for periodic sales, either free shipping or half price shipping.

Petfooddirect
k9cuisine
Heartypet

Autoship on petfood direct gives you 15% savings on every order but not free shipping.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
may I ask why you don't want to use petcarerx? I just ordered from there with free shipping lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
may I ask why you don't want to use petcarerx? I just ordered from there with free shipping lol
I'm curious too - I also ordered from them after seeing another thread talking about a discount and free shipping. I would have received it today but my friendly UPS driver didn't want to leave it in the rain so he'll bring it on Monday (which is fine - we were just stocking up!).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks like petcarerx doesn't have a whole lot of brands compared to say Petfooddirect. If they carry your particular food, thats great but I don't think their free shipping is a permanent thing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm working on a spreadsheet with different prices from different suppliers and want to compare free shipping prices..... Right now Petcarerx says *everything* is out of stock.... I was going to do the live chat and ask about that, but I'm not ready to order yet. The spreadsheet isn't done :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm working on a spreadsheet with different prices from different suppliers and want to compare free shipping prices..... Right now Petcarerx says *everything* is out of stock.... I was going to do the live chat and ask about that, but I'm not ready to order yet. The spreadsheet isn't done :)
I guess we wiped them out last weekend :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
@Sigurds mom, what dog food do you buy from Amazon? I have prime...... but most foods I looked at didn't qualify for prime....

Granted I didn't look at them all.... :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
@Sigurds mom, what dog food do you buy from Amazon? I have prime...... but most foods I looked at didn't qualify for prime....

Granted I didn't look at them all.... :)

I buy Natural Balance. :) I buy the sweet potato and fish formula as Sigurd's main kibble, I also get a few smaller bags of their other formulas for variety.

Other good brands that are eligible with prime are Wellness/Core and Taste of the Wild. There are other "organic/natural/grain free" brands but I don't know much about the ingredients, like Newmans Own, Chicken Soup, Horizon Legacy, Organix, Canidae, Sojos, Blue Buffalo...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts