German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kopper is much more friendly with other Shepherds than he is with other dogs, but oddly enough he doesn't like White Shepherds. Also when he was about 6 months old he had a crush on a girl Giant Schnauzer and to this day he gets excited when he sees one.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
There have been a few threads that have discussed this topic. It is interesting to observe. I know with my own boy, after our smaller black mix, Lacy passed on, he would perk up when he saw a dog in the distance that looked similar to her.

My boy is a bit dog reactive but when he saw what he thought might be Lacy, it was a much different interest, a happy spark in his eye kind of thing.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
I find it interesting they seem to know their own breed. We all still talk about jada this beautiful white shepherd that used to be in Max's class. He is dog reactive so I really enjoyed when I saw that he had yes the sparkle in his eye when he saw jada. Out all the dogs in that class it was most work getting him to ignore the huge male bicolor German shepherd, and there used to be a male Rotty. He never worried about the two males golden retrievers or any dog that did not pay attention to him.

Now in the nose works class there is a female shepherd pup which he is watching her grow. I can tell he likes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts