German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember that I have had no luck with Daisy's recall. She is 3 1/2 and if she gets loose she will come back when she chooses. It isn't that she doesn't know the command, because she will come if she is on her tie out. She just wont come if she has freedom.

Anyway, the other day we were going for a walk and Daisy pulled out of my brothers hands. I thought "oh great, here we go" but she came right to us. I was so proud of her. I made sure I praised her up and down and took her for a short run up ahead and then back for the walk. It may be progress or she may have not fully released she was free because her leash was attached. I am hoping for progress!

On a different walk, the next day, something strange happened. We were nearly home and I stopped walking for my mom and Dakota to catch up. Weegee stopped as well and was not pulling. He had been pulling the whole walk. I heard a clicking noise like his leash came unattached and sure enough I looked down and he was off his leash. I don't understand how, because we were just standing there and it was fine the whole walk. So, again I think "oh great" and of course a car is coming. So I take a step forward and say his name and he walks forward. He realized that he was off leash and went up ahead a bit. I waved at the car to get their attention and they carefully went by. So I stopped and called his name. At this point he was about 10 feet ahead sniffing. He looked at me and I took a few steps in the opposite direction calling him. He came to me. I praised him up and down and took him on a short run. I thought he would play the " I'm going to come close to you and then you are going to try to get me and I am going to run off" game, because he usually does.

Between these two incidents, I could not be more proud. I feel like the training has paid off.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Congratulations! And especially with Daisy your husky!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It always feels so great when you can see your hard work paying off! Keep up the good work! Way to go Daisy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts