German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,093 Posts
Along the same lines as you!My dogs want to do everything I want to do because of the incredibly fun activities they get to do! Why already today they helped me pick up poop outside. Hooray!Followed by digging holes in the snow searching for mice.Unforgettable afternoon!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I seriously have never seen a German Shepherd drool.
Water the floor after drinking but drool, no
You've never experienced german shepherd drool? :oops: It's that cold, wet patch on the sofa where Nitro spent part of the night, and where I sit in the morning. The drip, drip on my foot while he's poised, mouth slight open, waiting for the ok to take the treat. Or it's the rivulet when he's waiting for me to eat the chocolate coating before I can share my icecream.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh yeah! This is a definite plus, the main thing is that the dog does not eat foods that are harmful to it, and this is an excellent additional cleaner in the kitchen
It’s surprisingly noticeable! My dog has been gone more than 6 months and we’ve all commented on the difference. Thank goodness it’s 2 of us at home most of the time although my son is now working from home on a co-op and there are definitely more crumbs etc. He never seems to stop eating lol! Hoping to get a new “assistant” in the next few months though 🤞.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
You've never experienced german shepherd drool? :oops: It's that cold, wet patch on the sofa where Nitro spent part of the night, and where I sit in the morning. The drip, drip on my foot while he's poised, mouth slight open, waiting for the ok to take the treat. Or it's the rivulet when he's waiting for me to eat the chocolate coating before I can share my icecream.
No, none of my GSD have ever drooled. But they don't get any human food, almost ever (the kids slip them a piece of cheese now and again) so that may be the difference. They don't drool waiting for their own dinner either.

·
Registered
381 Posts
No, none of my GSD have ever drooled. But they don't get any human food, almost ever (the kids slip them a piece of cheese now and again) so that may be the difference. They don't drool waiting for their own dinner either.
@WNGD Juno drools playing fetch. That's the only time she does and then it is rather dignified. Oh, and she drooled on card ride numbers 4 through 7. 1 - 3 she threw up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
@WNGD Hunter didn’t drool either per say. But he left wet patches where he licked the floor. And we do actually clean/mop the floors - don’t want anyone to think our kitchen is a free for all :p

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Clipper would drool while waiting for his bite of my dinner! I'd always save a few last bites for them, (good diet way to cut down on amount ya eat!) bad I know, but we all enjoyed!! Clipper seemed to have looser jowls? We always said he had loose lips! Gave sloppier kisses too!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
My apprentice is always there to help with any project I’m working on. If I have to get the floor on my hands and knees I will always have a head poking under an arm to help. Every project takes longer, but I love it.
OMG this! Last spring i was installing flares on our quad to help keep us clean in the mud holes when we ride. If Karma wasn't under my arm supervising while i was bent over, she would crawl under my butt and supervise from my groin area. Which obviously blocks my view of anything i'm working on lol.

however she does pretty decent on quality control. Always seems to give everything i do a good sniffin'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts