German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
¡Hello everyone!

I'm new here so I hope my question it's in the right place. I have a 4 months old puppy, I've had GS all my life but this is my first time seeing something like this on their right rear leg. I live in Mexico and I'll be seeing my vet until Friday (as of CoVid) because it's only by appointments and he's full.

Here are three links to the videos I uploaded to Imgur, you can see that his right rear leg "opens" when she walks, I don't know how to describe the movement. She doesn't show any pain, nor even walking or when I pet her or when I explore the leg; she's eating normally and she loves her walks and games.

Hope I can get some advice or help until we see the doctor.

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Disclaimer:I'm not a vet!My guess is that it's loose ligaments you are seeing.His back legs want to 'cowhock ' inward so he pushes outward with his paws to counteract.Think of ice skating.As he matures it's not unusual for the legs to tighten up and straighten out.Walking and trotting at his own pace on grass or sand is good for him.Avoiding forced exercise for long distances and on pavement is wise.My two cents:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts