German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Ive been away from the forums for quite some time but I am happy to say I am back and I missed all of you. With that being said here is some really strange behavior Kai does with me.

When I am laying in bed he will jump in bed with me he usually lays down on me and then buries his face in my comforter and makes this weird whiny pitched growl/howl and then bites the blanket non stop.

I look at him and laugh so hard saying Kai, what are you doing dude?.. Don't kill the blanket. And he goes right back to doing it until I start petting him.
I'm not sure why he does it and he just started doing it. But it never fails every single night now he does this. As you probably guessed I have replaced a comforter due to holes.

Hes not being aggressive or getting mean. It sounds like hes stressed out and frustrated by me laying under the covers. Hes not destructive or anything, he doesnt chew or destroy things, its only when im in bed. He stops the noises and slowly chews the covers when I pet him then it stops. Its hilarious to see and I laugh every time he does it. But if im on the couch and I have a blanket he ignores it.

I have noticed now that hes almost 2 years old hes getting really protective of me. He never leaves my side and always wants me in his sight. He doesn't show aggression towards anyone, when we go outside for walks he surveys the area and barks a few times before we get started. When I get ready for work in the morning he will take my socks from me or he tries to stop me from putting my shoes on.

I know there's some kind of message and I cant figure out what hes trying to tell me with the bed thing.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Not sure what it is, but Rosa will kind of do the same thing on her bed. She'll roll on her back and push her nose into the bed and make piggy snorting sounds. She doesn't bite though. I figure she's just entertaining herself in some weird doggy way.

Niko will often give a few barks when we leave the house, as if announcing his presence to the world at large. No idea if that's a protective thing or what.

Kai sounds like a great dog!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
No idea here either sorry but Molly does the same thing to her blanket on the couch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts