German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is fed very well - high quality kibble and I've started adding other nice stuff now seeing as that's not even good enough. There is always more left in the bowl than she can devour.

I am using cooked sausages to train her and she is crazy about the treats but she really is absolutely crazy :eek: She just want's more and more and is reluctant to do the commands really and only does them out of desparation - she know's them well.

I can get her to walk on heel outside now and only give her the treat periodically which is great.

She just never stops jumping up if she smells anything in the kitchen and looks at you constantly if you are eating or anything even though we have never really given her anything from the table...she is 14 weeks old.

I'm at my wits end now.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
if theres always more left in the bowl I'd say stop adding yummies to it, she may leave it at first and get hungry but when she realizes ignoring her kibble is no longer going to get her sausage and other nice stuff she'll go back to eating it - it sounds like she's getting a little spoiled :p

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if theres always more left in the bowl I'd say stop adding yummies to it, she may leave it at first and get hungry but when she realizes ignoring her kibble is no longer going to get her sausage and other nice stuff she'll go back to eating it - it sounds like she's getting a little spoiled :p
It's because I've started loading up the amount I give her. She usually doesn't eat her normal food at all and she would go for some days without eating anything...then, eventually she will eat some.

She just seems to crave meat or something.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I also heard this food issue is common when they start teething. My girl is 14 weeks old too and this week I've noticed she's feeling mouth pain, the teething is coming :/, so maybe it's similar for yours? Some of the other threads have suggested adding water to the kibble and soaking it for a few minutes to make it softer, if her mouth is bothering her it might be the pieces are too hard and meat is softer.

Or, maybe she just doesn't like the food you're feeding her. If she used to eat it before check to see if there were any recalls of your brand, people have reported a lot of times their dogs suddenly wont eat a food they used to eat or whatever and find out that the food had something wrong with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts