German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

About a week ago i got a 5 month old working line puppy. I am prettu experienced with handling dogs but i had never seen this type of behaviour in a puppy, and i am VERY concerned. First day i bought him home (small farm) i took him to a walk around and he lunged and barked at another dog. All normal but after a few moments he went up the leash snarling at my face, showing teeth and barking, foaming at the mouth. OK too much stress. Took him to calm down under a tree and then proceed to put him at his crate with a kong, and as i closed the crate door he showed teeth to me again. Right. The next five days were OK, doing obedience, handfeeding in training and playing with ball and tug. But yesterday i had two more incidents. I took him to a K9 trainer to learn a little IPO basics and when the trainer was going to put the leash on him he went full ballistic, snarling, growling showing teeth and trying to jump up to get to his face. Actually he was able to bite the trainers arm before he could be controlled. After the incident the dog looked exhausted , panting and foaming through his mouth. The handler told me i should be the only person to handle the dog and that i should be prepared to have more incidents like that as he was VERY DOMINANT. Well, this morning i walked him a little in the farm and then when i was going to put him in his crate he outright bit my hand! A real bite. He holded my hand firmly in his mouth ,growling, stiff posture , leaving 4 bite marks and a little blood. I am already rehoming him to the k9 handler since i cant have him in a house with my wife. But here's the question. I had never seen a 5 month old act like this! What gives!!!??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts