German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I asked a few months ago for some breeder referrals and I appreciate all the suggestions, pm's, etc. I figured I wouldn't make actual contact for awhile since I currently have 2 dogs and I was unsure of whether or not I wanted to add a third or wait until one of my currents passed on. My poor rottie girl has that last appointment scheduled for this coming Tuesday :(. So, while I'm not looking to "replace" her or anything too soon, I know sometimes there can be a long wait for a pup due to lots of factors and I would like to at least get on a waiting list.

The four I currently really like are (in no particular order)

Adlerstein
Alpine k9
Just k9's
TrueHaus

Well, actually, I guess that's in alphabetical order.

I would love to hear from those of you that have dogs from any of these kennels or if you have worked with any of their dogs. I do plan on visiting these kennels as all are in driving distance as long as the breeders are ok with that but hearing from others who already dealt with them can be so reassuring since this will be my first gsd as an adult.

Puppy would be first and foremost our family pet but we are pretty active and on the go and I would like to get my feet wet in some type of ring sport eventually.

If it matters, I would prefer a male though not set in stone. I do have a neutered male poodle at home but Brandon is already 9 and gets along well with other dogs. Color is the cherry on top but as long as the pigment is rich, I love bi-colors the most but like all the standard colors too. Only thing I don't like color wise, is a light face. The darker the face, the better.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Ronda, you may want to start looking at the signatures of posters on the board, you'll probably see some of the names popping up so you can just PM with questions (like I have 2 Wildhaus girls and that's their breeder name).

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I know Ace on the board has an Alpine dog (love his dogs by the way) and I know robinheurta (sp) has Just K9 dog...(I love hers too!)..

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Ann with Alderstein posts often on this board if you didn't know it (under Vandal). I bet you can get a very good feel for her if you read through her posts.

I know Cliff really likes TrueHaus, but I have no personal knowledge of them. But if you seek him out he can tell you what he thinks of their dogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts