German Shepherds Forum banner

Ready to scream lol

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  loulabelle23 
#1 ·
Hey everyone

Soooo I have question jake is now one yay lol and I thought maybe he would grow out of it I need advice .....
When jake is left outside with another dog or on his own he freaks out jumps on door barks scraps door does the high pitch wine im sure u all know of and it embarrassing when he does it when hes at my friends home or even here at home I just dont know how to stop it ive tried the smacking the shouting hes is quite attached to me he doesn't do it when im not around what can you do ?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
Our 5 month old pup is sleeping on her bed right now, we just got back from our almost daily 'off-leash' walk/run. My 1st thought is are you getting him out for enough exercise?

I don't like to much jumping up either. I'm starting to tell her 'NO' and correct her when she does it. It's usually that initial excitement when you meet after being away a while.

#3 ·
Easy fix. Don't leave him outside.

My GloryB will stay outside without me all day.

My Bretta and new Osin will NOT. And my door shows the results of if I don't get them back in. I haven't figured out a way to correct a behavior that occurs on the other side of the door from me. Plus since having my dogs love me and want to be with me is a good thing... why fight it?

I know I have real issues going on and my dogs bonding to me and wanting to be with me is NOT one of them.

#8 ·
Easy fix. Don't leave him outside.

My GloryB will stay outside without me all day.

My Bretta and new Osin will NOT. And my door shows the results of if I don't get them back in. I haven't figured out a way to correct a behavior that occurs on the other side of the door from me. Plus since having my dogs love me and want to be with me is a good thing... why fight it?

I know I have real issues going on and my dogs bonding to me and wanting to be with me is NOT one of them.
This is Sin and Draco. If I leave them outside for too long without me, Sin will whine so loud that I can hear him from inside and Draco will open the door and let them both back in!!!! It scared the heck out of me when I was in the bathroom and I heard my door being open, I was starting to have a panic attack when Draco came into the bathroom to check on me!!!! :wild: So I watched him do it the next time and it was the creepiest thing ever, he opens it really slowly and then slowly comes in. It reminded me of the movie "Jurassic Park" when the Velociraptor opens the door!!! Both of my boys are obsessed with me, I am their world and their favorite thing. I can't do anything by myself and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sinister is ridiculously loyal to me, he won't even stay with his grandma and get a treat from her for a minute, he immediately comes right back to me.

#4 ·
Because he's huge and has huge tail hes really excited dog so in friends house hes a dinosaur in a doll house and on good days u cant keep him locked in yuh hes walked loads everyday if I walk away he goes nuts thinks im not coming back ive tried to lesrn him im coming bk but he isnt settling he does that high pitch wjne all time if im not with him

#5 ·
So it's not just when you are in the house and he's outside.

If he's in the house and you leave he also trashes the inside door?

Have you been going to dog classes and socializing him with hundreds of people by now? Gotten a good start on ---> http://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...191183-top-training-expectations-puppies.html

The more confident and secure they are in the world, the less freaked out they will be when you leave them in a place they know. Geez, when I leave my dogs at friends they know it almost hurts my feelings how little they care cause I"ve left them (apparently) at Club Steve's and Club Tricia's and they know they will have fun and I'll be back.

#7 ·
Hey everyone

Soooo I have question jake is now one yay lol and I thought maybe he would grow out of it I need advice .....
When jake is left outside with another dog or on his own he freaks out jumps on door barks scraps door does the high pitch wine im sure u all know of and it embarrassing when he does it when hes at my friends home or even here at home I just dont know how to stop it ive tried the smacking the shouting hes is quite attached to me he doesn't do it when im not around what can you do ?

I'd think about teaching him a place command Loulabelle. At a year, Its time for some better obedience. Does he know what OFF means? You said he's ok when you aren't there, he's just acting up when you are. It just sounds like he needs some general manners and obedience taught to him.

#9 ·
Sounds like he has separation anxiety. Their are others here dealing with that very issue. Hopefully they will chime in and have some words of wisdom for you. In the mean time I would google Separation anxiety in dogs and read up.

Wish had advise for you.

#10 ·
Do you let him in and out through the same door? Does the door have a window? Is he on an enclosed deck, in a pen or run when outside? Are you in a home, condo or apartment? My solution at home was not to use the same door all the time. When the dog is out I would go around the outside of the house from either side and bring him in through a different door. Mix it up. You have to create a desire for the dog to want to stay out knowing you are in. ...Put Jake inside and stand outside looking in, walk away, he will want to go outside to be with you. When you let him out reward him. Also, when he is out and you are in, open a window, let him know another place where you might be. As he matures and becomes more confident he will be more at ease about knowing where you are.

#11 ·
He seems to be fine when door is open and im in the living room amd the double doors r closed hes ok but when hes locked completely out all doors closed he barks and jumps but if I was to go out to back garden with him close all doors hes grand like last night walked him for 2 and half hours played with my friends dog when I went to go into her house jake freaked out jumped on the door whined so. I didn't want him to ruin her door I went out he went bacl to playing with buddy. Hoby I live in a house with a big back garden the back doors r double doors but glass is frosted or designed and its just a big back garden he has a shed at min hes in kitchen eating a bone doors r all closed hes fine the livingroom doors can see through so hes ok he even does it when hes in car and I go to other side to get the wing mirror out he freaks put as if im going to leave him there ive had him from he was 6weeks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.