German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I start to see these threads about snow, I think about what we did today and remember that THIS is why we live in Florida.... :)

Cade and Tag went to the Dog Beach in Venice, FL. It was nice because it wasn't too busy. They had a blast.

Cade running for his AquaKong...

Cade would like me to take the time to point out that there is now Photographic proof that Tag is a Jerk. :) Stupid Younger brother.

Tag.

Tag got the Kong this time...

Tag posing by the Pier.

Who let these maniacs into a public place?? :crazy:

Who us??

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I just came in from the cold...its about 33F here. Thought I'd sitdown and read while I warmed-up. As I looked through your photos, I really can't decide it this helps or hurts?????????

Under the heading of making myself feel better;

You Southern types have tracking challenges in the summer with fire ants right????

Also, the heat in a bite suit or even scratch pants is a bit oppressive!!!

Oh ya, and you have drinks with umbrellas in them for Christmas, and we can have snow....so there!

I feel better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ready for some sunshine

Thanks for the pictures. I grew up on that beach and the surronding ones, that pier looks alot different from when I was there. I bet it has changed a bunch since '97 when we moved to western north carolina. Hope all is well for the holidays at your house.

·
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just came in from the cold...its about 33F here. Thought I'd sitdown and read while I warmed-up. As I looked through your photos, I really can't decide it this helps or hurts?????????

Under the heading of making myself feel better;

You Southern types have tracking challenges in the summer with fire ants right????

Oh ya, and you have drinks with umbrellas in them for Christmas, and we can have snow....so there!

I feel better.
Lol :) True. Fire Ants are a constant fight for tracking...although I like to think that a dog that can track in the summer in Florida can track anywhere. :) It's amazing to see people in Florida get excited over grass that isn't yellow or tougher than most weeds. Actually when we travel to where their is real grass I have to age my tracks much longer because my dogs find the abundance of scent on real grass overwhelming!

And Florida helpers probably lose some serious poundage in water weight over the summer. We see a lot of backless scratch pants and aprons here. :)

And nope. None of my dogs have seen snow...Farthest north we've been in Tennessee and we don't usually travel there in the winter...everyone else wants to come here!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Awww looks like it was a blast!!!! Gorgeous dogs havin fun in a gorgeous place! Loooove it!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
looks like they had fun.... i still want snow though. love the picture of one almost tackling the other for the kong.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice!

I still like snow especially around the holidays. I know, I'm demented.

Dog's looked like they were having a blast.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Nice!

I still like snow especially around the holidays. I know, I'm demented.

Dog's looked like they were having a blast.

not demented! i grew up wearing a winter coat for trick or treating, snow on thanksgiving and a sparkly snowy christmas and a pretty freaking chilly new years. snow around the holidays just makes sense! thats what i'm asking Santa for christmas.... SNOW!!!! yes, i'm 23 years old and planning to ask santa for a snowy xmas! :D

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
I will ressurrect this thread in Feb...when we are sooo very sick of the drab grey days of Winter!
Thank you for the twisting of the knife into my denial, JKlatsky! :cry:

I am not accepting that Winter is here(it is spitting snow right now) because our Fall has been beautiful. Two days ago we were in the 60's and today is snow...gotta love Michigan!
I am praying tomorrow will be calm enough and no snow accumulation to track. I get excited over green grass too!
Your pack is truely gorgeous~ I love the beach more than anyplace and they graced it beautifully!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
not demented! i grew up wearing a winter coat for trick or treating, snow on thanksgiving and a sparkly snowy christmas and a pretty freaking chilly new years. snow around the holidays just makes sense! thats what i'm asking Santa for christmas.... SNOW!!!! yes, i'm 23 years old and planning to ask santa for a snowy xmas! :D
:thumbup::toasting:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I will ressurrect this thread in Feb...when we are sooo very sick of the drab grey days of Winter!
Thank you for the twisting of the knife into my denial, JKlatsky! :cry:

I am not accepting that Winter is here(it is spitting snow right now) because our Fall has been beautiful. Two days ago we were in the 60's and today is snow...gotta love Michigan!
I am praying tomorrow will be calm enough and no snow accumulation to track. I get excited over green grass too!
Your pack is truely gorgeous~ I love the beach more than anyplace and they graced it beautifully!!
I'm sure you will. Being that you're from the US version of Siberia... :whistle:

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
But I have great freshwater lakes surrounding my state that keeps it a bit warmer! I'd rather be here than the states west of Lake MI...

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I am jealous my parents live in Plantation, FL and were at the beach today as well- it was in the upper 80's:( It was in the 50's here today, cold, and wearing the dogs out is harder and harder the cooler it gets. I envy you though when I lived in Florida I missed the seasons, the color of the leaves as they turn, jumping in them when they fell, cold Christmas's, and the joy of spring when everything comes back to life right in front of your eyes.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts

I feel better.
LOL, fire ants are what feed the guinea hens.

No bite suits in the summer, aprons are the norm.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Oh SURE!!! Like you EXPECT me to go: Ooooh, Aaaaah, Gorgeous pics, now that I woke up yesterday to -20F?? And this is just the beginning of winter!

Well, at least, no mosquitoes until April or May! Yeah!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Oh SURE!!! Like you EXPECT me to go: Ooooh, Aaaaah, Gorgeous pics, now that I woke up yesterday to -20F?? And this is just the beginning of winter!

Well, at least, no mosquitoes until April or May! Yeah!

that would be a perk for me!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts