German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Well, my husband and I had planned on adopting a sweet 11 month old girl. Jazz (our great dane) had met her and they got along great. Well, she ended up turning into a foster failure with her foster family. They just couldn't give her up. I don't blame them. She was a sweet girl. Moving on disappointed, we knew we'd find the one for us.

My husband was talking to a friend of his from work who had a friend of a friend of a friend etc etc... Just had their THIRD "oops" litter of puppies... I don't think that its possible to have 3 oops litters...That's just lazy and irresponsible... ugh... I told my husband I didn't want to go look at them. I really wanted to go through a reputable breeder or rescue. We waited a long time for our dane girl from our breeder and it was well worth the wait. My husband is not so patient...

I told my husband that the only way we would go look at these puppies if the family agreed that instead of us paying for the puppy the money would go towards the Mom and Dad getting spayed/neutered. After a long conversation and trying to be as calm and understand as I could they actually AGREED! So we gave the money to their vet and got a call saying their female was spayed yesterday and their male is getting spayed next week. I'm not sure I educated them so much as they got scared with the health facts etc... However it happened. They will not be having anymore... and without further ado I wanted to introduce our new boy "Axle" to the group... Him and Jazz adore each other.

Also, should I be worried if one ear stands up all the time already, but not the other? Should we expect it to start standing by the time teething is done with? He's only 10 weeks old at this point

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hi Renee!

That's a great story and a very inspiring/creative way of dealing with the situation c:

Axle is adorable!!! C:

Keep in touch with the forum please!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Welcome back and cute cute puppy. You have plenty of time for that ear to go up. Don't fret about it right now. :)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I agree. One is opps, three is unconscionable. Glad you got him. He is cute, even with his floppy ear. It will go up eventually. Give him lots to chew.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
482 Posts
That first picture is just adorable. :wub:

Mia's ears didn't show any signs of coming up at all until about 3-4 months old, so I'd not worry about it. They went up and down probably 3 times before she hit 7 months.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I agree, what a good way to keep them honest, pay the vet for the surgery. Good idea.

Axle is darling, I just love his coloring. His ears wll flip flop back and forth for a few months. No worries. As long as he has a good diet and chew bones to strenghten his jaw muscles the ears will stand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all, he is such a treasure and it's been a great "first week." Going to keep him as healthy as possible!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts