German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would a normal person get these ingredients? Can everything be purchased from local grocery stores? How expensive is it ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you can find a co-op to get in on, do that, they make bulk purchases through the supplier which = discount. I pay less than $1/pound on some meats (ground beef, organ meats, etc). Some of the bone in meats get down to $0.20/pound (Chicken necks/backs etc.). Found my group on groups.yahoo.com, then search for BARF.

·
Registered
32,405 Posts
It depends on where you are. We have some local butchers shops that supply us with tracheas, poultry parts (necks, hearts, livers, feet). We order from a large wholesale meat place in upstate NY. We have other connections that can get turkey breast and 12" grass fed bully sticks for $3.50.

go to yahoo and look for the raw fed groups for one in your area. Look for local butchers and do a google search for wholesale meat places.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! I live around 30 minutes from atlanta, I'm sure I can find something in the area.
I'll need to dig up a little more information on the subject before my girlfriend and I take the plunge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the help! I live around 30 minutes from atlanta, I'm sure I can find something in the area.
I'll need to dig up a little more information on the subject before my girlfriend and I take the plunge.

there are many good butchers in the Atlanta area especially the farmers market area , good deals on choice cuts , im in Guam now and its very price sensitve , chicken thighs whole 99cents a pound ,beef , good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts