German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Ruger in to the vet yesterday to have him weighed to get the proper flea/tick treatment. While we were there, the commented on him being to thin. We think so too but I am used to shepherds being very lean. They said that they care for the shepherds on our county and local police forces and had one that was thin. They tried a variety of things but what worked was adding canned Eagle Pack to his dry kibble. We feed Ruger a raw diet (3 pounds per day) and yet he still is too thin. He is just shy of 6 months old and weighs 56.4 pounds. Does anyone have any thoughts on adding the Eagle Pack to supplement?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
194 Posts
i would hold off supplementing anything. 6 months is the most awkward stage IMO and every shepherd ive seen is super skinny at that age, I know mine is. for reference mine is almost 6 months and only weighs 38 lbs, she is going to be a small girl.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Some dogs don't digest both raw and kibble together well. Eagle Pack is a great dog food. I found it years ago when a vet recommended it to me. The only reason that I stopped feeding it was that I thought the place I bought it from was going out of business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts