German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all . I just want to ask u guys from your experience what do you think about raw food ? I wal searching about it and I find alot of penefits
Can I have your opinions ? And if you tried it ?
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Both my dogs are on raw. First dog had various health issues when on kibble that was costing me a bundle in time and vet bills. After raw, he is now a healthy, sometimes annoying (said with affection), dog. His true personality has come out for the better when he turned healthy. The GSD pup is on raw since day 1 I got her. Raw poop smells better and is a lot less in volume. A friend's dog who's half the size of my GSD has poop twice and thrice the size of my GSD.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My boy is on raw from 7 months old, so over year now. Looks great, very muscular, great coat, small non smelly poop. Took me while to find good( cheap) source of meat, before I was shopping in regular store and also took some organizing and finding good routine for storing and feeding. And I bought new freezer so I can buy in bulks. I'm really happy with my choice and I think my dog too.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fiona has been on raw for a month. Still waiting on the non-smelly part, but her poop is tiny, like a cat. Raw is good for dog, because does not have all the fillers of kibble.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
All of my dogs were weaned onto raw and have never eaten anything else.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fiona has been on raw for a month. Still waiting on the non-smelly part, but her poop is tiny, like a cat. Raw is good for dog, because does not have all the fillers of kibble.
Same here with Ralphie - his poop definitely still smells like poop, but the stink isn't nearly as strong as it was when he was on kibble. Now when I bag it, the smells stays contained in the bag with the poop. :laugh: I've had Ralphie on raw for maybe 2 months now? I can't remember how long, but his coat is super soft, his energy levels are high, he's very muscular even if still a bit thin-looking and he just seems like a happier dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts